Very First cfl Grow Log

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SnowCappedHills, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Lights are about 3 inches away... Got 2, 25 w cfls for all three with 5000k light.

I got two pictures it costed some money but I will use this method sparingly. Was wondering how safe it is to upload with my iPod touch, though since I often am mobile on here (like right now). I saw the threads about not doing it, but its either that or my moms computer which is also not a good choice. Which do you suggest?

Plus I keep seeing sometimes (1 guest viewing page). Kinda scares me, hope it's not a cop.

2. #62 SnowCappedHills, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    first attempt at image. lets see how it goes.

Edit: gah! It didn't work. I also uploaded it to moms computer only now I can't find it... Fuck

Attached Files:

3. Yay im so proud of myself!

4. Thaaaaat's nothing. N burn is way uglier than that. I don't think anything is actually wrong there. I notice a lot of young plants do weird things with their first couple sets of leaves, mine did and nothing came of it. I know it's hard on your first grow not to worry too much, so I'll just keep saying it. Don't worry about it, looks harmless and they'll probably grow out of it. :)

5. Haha, Nice!

It looks pretty good from the picture. Maybe just prepare to get more lights some time down the road. Other than that just keep doing what your doing!

6. Thanks to both of you makes me feel so much better. Yes a can worry a lot I suppose. What a relief to see their fine and I'm glad to get some pictures up for everyone. The one pic with my finger pointing at the leaf of concern is called Green and the other one is Red. I didn't take a pic of Blue but she's about the same just behind. Again thanks Kamel for the quick help you gave me. And 2Bugs your probably right hopefully I can get them outside before then as I don't have another cord to add a light.

7. Oh, So this is going to be an outside grow? Thatll be interesting;; for some reason I thought it was a full indoor grow. Just keep us updated!

8. Ya haha I didn't really mention much they where going outside. Can't really at this point, I would like the weather to warm up a bit and for certain problems near by to be solved, which is actually a source of a lot of my stress currently. Can't really state what the problem is because it will give away my location but ya just hoping for good things so this problem can be resolved hopefully soon.

The reason I dont want them to grow completely inside is that I won't be able to cover the smell well and I have been to a house growing and it reeked, then a neighbor or ours was growing cause it smelled every time I drove by. I can't have that at all haha. Plus I knew another person who grew outside quiet successfully up here and all they did was get it to sprout in a window and then threw it right outside. So ya the plan is outside, I even got two locations but I'm still deciding on which they both have pros and cons.

9. #69 SnowCappedHills, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
    So I attempted to take the babies outside for a bit today cause the weather was the same temp as the grow room (I got a thermometer!) and the wind was soft. I put them in the sun in a place my mom would not be able to see and they did really good but the god damn sun kept moving behind a tree since it was setting and only had an hour or two of light left. Would have done it sooner but I had just gotten home then. So they got a half hour of real sun today. Haha we will try again tomorrow for earlier.

Also... Blue has developed funky leaves. The ends are curling under and they almost look like seagull wings. Plus she's like way behind the other two for having been germed at the same time. I mean you saw the other two and this one only has two leaves. It's weird...

10. Sounds good man;; I definitely read you should ease into normal sunlight so that sounds like a plus.

As far as your plant;; almost all mine had the first true leaves look weird also. Although mine did curl the first time like a taco from heat stress it was about 95 degrees in a shut closet. Are there new leaves on the plant or new growth coming out?

11. Oh that's good that I gave them only a little time outside! Thank you that helps haha I didn't know that either.

Also thanks it's probably just being weird cause it's so young like you and kamel said, I'm just worrying to much haha. That's defiantly not hard for me to do. I bet you must have been startled to see yours have heat stress that woulda been scary! Fortunately I don't think thats my problem, it's a pretty continous 70 degrees in the grow room. Haha maybe it's cold stress? Just kidding their actually suprising me in the cooler temps and I figure get use to it now cause it's not going to get all that much warmer outside in the future. Maybe 80 at times if I'm lucky haha. Also it's taken Blue maybe two days for her to start growing new leaves though they are exteamly tiny still they are there coming in very slowly. I will just keep rooting her on haha

12. Hey everyone! So little update. Everyones doing fine, their going to be watered tomorrow most likely. Blue has grown it's leaves just a little more (yes, life is within!). Their outside time was cancelled today due to fog and snow all day. I have not even seen the sun today! Weather forecast predicts it will be nice Wednesday but probably nicer thursday so they gotta wait until then.

I have some more news, Red plant has been officially named LNF Blaze. Ya I agree the name isn't the most witty but it serves a meaning that's very important to me and has indirectly something to do with the plants. So Red gets the honors of getting named this. The other two are still Blue and Green and will be named once I think of a soutible name. Also realize that I won't be selling the weed so the names only have to matter to me which is pretty cool, like naming a puppy.

13. Haha I just gave mine random girls names, but that works too. Yeah definitely make sure it's warm out went you take em out for a stroll, dramatic temp changes cause stress which hurts development.

14. HAha, I definitely shit bricks and it slowed my grow WAY down. It was my first ever indoor grow of anything and for weeks I couldnt figure out why they were turning yellow brown and the leaves curling up. Heat stress is a killer for sure.

Wow fog and snow still; are you in the US?

As usual keep us updated, cya soon!

15. Kamel: girls names make the best weed names, haha along with like fruit. One of the others most likely will have a name in it, not sure which name yet but probably one of my pets names along with some other word.

2Bugs: I could only imagine that, did they end up dying or where you able to save them?
    Also yes I am in the US just in a state that has very bipolar weather. But this time we needed the snow so I'm cool with it for just this once :p It's been a very dry month last month.

16. Good day for the three today. Everyone looks alright and Blue has had a little growth spurt. Her leaves are starting to come in and she's gotten a little taller. Lookin good! I got two questions though. First, all of them for some reason on the lower stem (soil to first set of leaves) the fuzzy outer layer looks almost like it's been ripped off or something because it's like a fuzzy part on side and then right next to it is a smooth vivid green. And it's not even like a complete stipe all the way up the stalk it sorta shift or stops at certain points. I don't know if it's normal I do hope so haha. Then my next qurstion is that when I go in the grow room I swear I smell weed. I just didnt know they would start smelling this early on.

17. I watered and measured everybody today! So Green and LNF Blaze are right at 4 inches tall with Green every so slightly taller. Then Blue is standing at three inches, and her leaves are so slowly growing but their gettin there. I raised the light the two bigger ones are sharing but kept the light directly next to it which is mostly over Blue at the same height to hopefully give it a boost. So ya that's the update I guess. Is it normal for them to be that height (germed on 3-12-12)? Should they be taller by this time?

18. I would expect them to be taller than that by now. How many nodes do they have?

19. They don't gave any... I dont even know how to use them or what they are. I don't know how much they are or if I could just get some regular fertilizer (organic I was thinking for that one) instead. Haha ya kind at a loss right now I don't really got money for gas or weed even let alone what the plants should be getting. Haha I feel like a bad mother. But it's my goal this weekend even before I read your post to earn as much money as possible. Thanks kamel good to know I need to start thinking about those things and get them soon.

Oh and I do got one question before I forget. When they get close to flowering, like big big what size container should they be in? I need to start looking for those to. I was thinking an old horse trough would be excellent but since I'm gonna be putting them outside it's kinda to big of a container to work in case they would need to be moved quickly. Haha me dragging that big thing with weed in it through undergrowth, fallen trees, ditches, streams haha that's just very difficult.

20. Haha hold on a sec. Your plant has nodes. Nodes are the sites on the stalk where leaves come off of, and eventually more branches and then buds. Your nodes probably have just a pair of leaves for now, one on each side. This is one node. So NOW how many do you have? :D

Anything big will work. 5 gallon buckets are common and handy, and can accommodate a pretty large plant. Just make sure they are clean! And drill some drainage holes.