very dry buds

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by buddhabro3, Sep 28, 2008.

1. im now curing my buds but their maddd dry. any way to moisten them up without mold?

2. ive heard you can take a fresh leaf from one of your plants and put it in the jar. should bring some moisture into ur buds

3. orange peel. but itll add scent.

4. ya i wouldnt do the orange peel. i dont like that

5. yea i wouldnt use an orange peel because it leaves your weed with a orange smell that makes me sick just thinking about it. i would use eather a lemon peel or a lime peel and put it into a jar over night maby even 24 hours and it should still smell great and taste even better. or if you really dont want any smell, get a jar and fill it with your bud and add a cotton swab with a lil water on it(make sure it doesnt touch the weed though)

hope that helps

6. This is the one and only way to do it.

7. wat i do is fold up a piece of paper towel, wrap it in tin foil and stap holes through it with a needle.

then i run water through the holes and get that paper towel in there wet. you can wet it first then tin foil it, but make sure to squeeze excess water out. as you only need the towel to be damp.

Then just throw it in your jar(s)....its sorta like a DIY humidifier for curing.

8. very small piece of lettuce works well ...just use a lil bit then add if necessary

9. If my bud gets too dry I stick it in the freezer for a couple of hours or a day, let it thaw a little for a couple of hours and then chuck it in the jars.

Works well for dry Tobacco too. :)

-JC

10. dont know how anyone has not suggested this yet. Take a dish cleaning sponge and cut a corner off of it, soak it and squeeze the excess water out and stick the piece of sponge in with your bud.

11. I always heard a few damp cotton balls in with the bud helps with that. Moistened
    with water with hydrogen peroxide to keep mold at bay.

~Experimentalist

12. no ... no ... and no 24 hours will mold you're bud up like a motherfucker 1 or 2 hours is plenty.

13. an orange peel works i preferr lemon peels over anything else. it depends but usually i only leave peel in dry bud for a half hour to an hour or just once the inside white part of the peel gets dry and if it hasnt dryed it off in an hour in a half take it out cause it wont suck up anymore moisture

14. I put my buds in jars to cure them. If they are too dry, I throw in a stick of celery for a day. Unless there are still fresh buds around, then I use them.

15. thanks a lot for the replies...
    today i opened the jar and it kinda smelled like pickles a little bit.. haha
    so i think I'm just going to throw in a little piece of lemon peel. (the bud smelled lemony to begin with anyways)

So you think i should just keep a little piece in for a couple hours though?