(very basic) help with my new light

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Che Guevara, Jun 4, 2004.

1. hi, i just bought a 400w hps light from the internet (http://www.fastlight.co.uk/IP20_L.htm) really cheaply, as i saw ages ago someone on this forum or one similar suggest it.it arrived yesterday, but i have one problem. theres no plug to plug it into anywhere. Do big lights usually come like this? Um any suggestions on how I can get it working?

Thanks,
    Simon

2. You are gonna need a ballast for that light (matching wattage), I am sure someone will post where you can get one, but they are a lot more expensive than the lights, I found that out at the hardware store yesterday.

3. man that sux, youre gonna have to find a ballast, it may cost double or even triple of what you paid for the bulb.

4. no no it comes with the ballast and a basic reflector and everythin...its seriously just the plug im missing... i opened it up to have a look and well theres loadsa wires but i dnt no sh*t about stuff like that. dam its so frustratin savin up £80, gettin everythin ssorted to grow thn findin out theres no fukin plug.

5. ^^^^Arse is right, and I'm pretty sure you could wire it into an extension plug. (Just incase you don't have an old appliance for the sacrifice).

Grasscity Deals Near You