Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. Basically I have been in severe pain with insomnia and nausea since December 2010, I have had days were I cannot even walk, but my doctors keep telling me everything is in my head, and I am havig trouble finding a new primary care doctors.

Weed helps a lot and my state just passed a law allowing dispenseries to allow patients safe access to weed. The problem is I cannnot find a doctor that with recommend anyone. My primary wont even put in my chart that thye tried me on meds for Fibromyalgia, insomnia and nausea. My muscles and joints are becoming worse, I am jsut not sure what to do.

So how does one find a doctor?? Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Im from vermont too! They just recently passed the law but it is going to be awhile before they get the dispensaries. Let your doctor know that you do not want to treat your pain with any dangerous pharmaceutical drugs and mention medical marijuana to him. That isnt very good advice but im just trying to help. good luck

3. Thank you and yes I know it will be awhile before we have dispenseries in Vermont. I have tried takling to my doctors in the way you describe, since this whole thing started they insist the pain is in my head.

4. thats pretty pathetic of them. youre obviously suffering and need something to treat it. and im sure you dont want any harmful pills because of all the side effects. do you have any friends with an mmj card? ask them about it if you do. im sorry your doctor has to be difficult with you. i guess for the mean time your just going to have to buy illegaly :(

5. If your Dr is refusing to document what he/she has done for you, then you need to get a lawyer and talk to the AMA...if it was other Dr's, then just fire your primary for not including full medical record contents, regardless of source and then discuss things with the AMA/DA (if it's legal medical treatment, a Dr has a DUTY to include it in your records). :mad:

Talk to family/friends/co-workers/locals...don't be shy as to needing a non-'service' oriented Dr (HMO type services...will not give recs due to federal regulation influences.) and one that doesn't require insurance...
    (I steer away from glitzy glamorous Dr offices...shows an excess of charges to me...the small humble offices seem to have Dr's that care a lot more about healing then making a profit) ;)

You also have to be up front, even stern about what conditions are doing to your quality of life. Living in pain is hard to get some Dr's to understand if there is no discernible cause, or in some cases, to many causes being found to be sure which is causing what. :eek:

Research, time and faith (in yourself) will get you the Dr you need.:wave:

6. Thank you for the advice, I have faith that I will be able to legally obtain my medicine some day. I am thinking about finding good research on my conditions and how marijuana helps them, and simply writing to doctors in the area. I have no freinds or family that hold a MMJ card, so I am on my own with this for now. I have found blogs from current Vermont patients but they are not kept up to date at all, I was sucessful in finding a Fibromyalgia support group that meets in my town once a month, and I hoping that might lead me to more information.

7. Go see a Rheumatoid arthritis doctor.

Many regular MD's or Internist aren't experienced in Fibromyalgia and to be frank with you a lot of doctors don't believe in Fibromyalgia so they'll give you that "it's all in your head" crap.

A Rheumatologist knows how to test you for Fibro. Get rid of your current doctors that aren't helping you.

Don't stress yourself out by trying to change these fools minds.