Vermicomposting

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by perera, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Hi,

I came across this article recently, What Is Vermicomposting? - Junk It!, and I found it very interesting.!
    It is regarding vermicomposting and its process. Vermicomposting is the process of using worms and microorganisms to turn kitchen waste into nutrient rich plant food and soil conditioner. It is said to be a simple process which we can set up on our own.

When feeding worms the kitchen scraps, it’s important to start slowly. It will take time for them to develop the bacteria required to turn waste into compost.
    In about three to four months, the bin will be full of nutrient rich compost ready to be used! It’s a process that can help you achieve a healthy, pesticide-free environment in your home garden.

Does anyone here use vermicomposting in your gardens? If so, does it work well?

2. i dont but am,i am going for the trench and layer method dug in about a foot from beds,let it work its way to the boxes,just seems simpler than compost then use if you dig,by layering you can fill the trench and let it work,add bokashi with it and it will jam,worms are high dollar as hell these days,but once you bite the bullet and do all three you stuck with a lot of goodness and less watering,im not going 3ft deep though,im gonna stick with 2 ft,got a lot of clay i wont busted up,the worms make that happen

Grasscity Deals Near You