Vermicomposting (Make your own Worm Castings)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by OldPork, Feb 8, 2009.

1. #6461 TimJ, May 25, 2021
    Last edited: May 25, 2021
    I think less than 2". If you look at the bottom lip on top of the tote you can see the rib they added for stacking the totes during shipping. That makes it so the bins taper doesn't lock them all together.
    We all love growing and help each other whenever we can. Most folks here will pass on what they have learned or direct you to someone that can.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your first organic grow.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. #6462 TimJ, May 25, 2021
    Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Mine cost $254.00 for the 20- 2"x 4" x 12'. That built my frame,door and window frame/vent. I spent another $30.00 on the vent opener. Oh yeah, around $12.00 for the screen door hardware, auto close hinges and door handle.The rest including the plastic were free or I had on hand. So around $300.00 for a 6'x6' greenhouse. I also have a bad back. That's why separating my worms from the castings takes me so long.
    Edit: As for adding your link to your signature.
    Copy your link.
    Roll over your avatar in the upper right corner of your screen until the drop down menu opens.
    Scroll down and select signature and open.
    Paste your link in your signature.
    Hit save changes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MasterCard is paying over a grand for the storage building, I’d imagine a greenhouse will be about the same.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Timj, any greenhouse pics?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Here is one from the outside. The lock is not to stop thieves. It's to keep nosy law enforcement out. DSCN0661.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. You missed a spot. Man that’s nice. I’m considering one for growing and worms in winter.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Nice job! I'm gonna talk to my wife:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Thanks Green Dragging. I considered purchasing a cheap one. But, they are all garbage in my under $500.00 range. My older brother gave me his plans for this one and he has had his for around 20 years now. He replaces the plastic about every 5 years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Nice framing. You could easily turn that into a shed. :metal:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. 5 years is pretty good, I wonder if that plastic they use on winter scaffolding,the kind with fibers in it, would work?

• Like Like x 2
  11. It may work fine.. The plastic I got was from a local commercial grower. They replace the plastic on different greenhouses once a year. They cut up the plastic to smaller sizes and leave it at the road front for folks to take for free. You may have a local commercial grower that does the same.

• Like Like x 3
  12. that’s sexy, never thought i’d feel that way before. I want one so bad man. Grow dynamic accumulators, worm bins, amazing compost, greenhouse, cannabis

• Like Like x 4
  13. I use the reinforced plastic you are talking about for a roof over my grow to keep the fall rains and dew off my buds, works great. I buy it in the 32x100 foot roll from here Winter Protection | MASONPRO.

20200913_152414.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. All my pots are bustling with life in the mulch layers. Soil mites and springtails are in hyperdrive. Keeping up best I can to stop the takeover. The worms have definitely increased in each container also. Seeing lots of babies and mating couples. Thought the babies might be pot worms but looking closer, I can tell the white bodies are actually a light pink so I think they're wigglers.
    Screenshot_20210526-112918~2.jpg Screenshot_20210526-112834~3.jpg Screenshot_20210526-112902~3.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Those look like baby wigglers to me, too. Potworms seem skinnier/longer to me than wigglers, even when they're that small.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. Agreed. I tried to get close enough to capture their color but my shaky hands have my phone all over the place at that magnification lol. They definitely have a pink color to them. Plus I find adults getting it on everytime I poke my head in so I guess it's about time to see some offspring.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Yep, that reinforced plastic is what all the big greenhouse growers in CA use. I’d be willing to bet uline.com has better pricing.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
  18. I can get a 32x100 from Masonpro for $240 shipped, uline wants $300 not sure if shipping is included.
    A roll will last me 5-6 yrs depending on how much I give away. I take it down every fall after harvest due to the snow load. I put new up every year, I don't wanna take a chance of any water dripping anywhere.
    I tried to order a new roll a couple of months ago but Masonpro told me it wasn't available ATM because it was seasonal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Right on I’ll have to check them out in the future.

• Like Like x 3