Vermicomposting (Make your own Worm Castings)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by OldPork, Feb 8, 2009.

1. What type of bin you got there?

2. Just a small Worm Cafe. 3 bins. Plus another 5 gallon tote. Works well for my current needs.

• Like Like x 4
  3. I added those same things to my bins today. I have a steady supply of banana peels and coffee.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Can we Worm farmers wear wide brim hats and brag about “runnin hundreds of head of worm”? I just want to know how far I can take this.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'd guess your enjoying worm wrangling. You did get holsters for those worm bin cultivation tools,right?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I just got those today but I do need to be able to draw em fast.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Slow down there partner. You can’t pull that off till you start “free ranging” wigglers in piles outside!
    Cheers
    Os

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Make sure when you holster up your 3 tined cultivator, that it’s the ergonomic “racing model” that old Sinse sports!
    Cheers
    Os

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Granny Sinse hung up her Ruger Super Blackhawk and now sports a trowel, cultivator, and a Fiskers in her shoulder holster.
    True story, she says she doesn’t misplace stuff and likes the shoulder holster. Now she just spaces off where she leaves the .410 snake charmer.
    Being a real cowboy, I use a quick draw holster for my racing cultivator.
    cheers
    Os

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. I got that granny snake charmer 410 too. It's my nightstand gun, stainless steel makes it a bit heavy though.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I’ve had my 410 single for 40 years now. Ouch, I got it when I was 10.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Picture Dr Ruth shooting that thing one handed at a rabbit!
    Cheers
    Os

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. You can take it as far as the amount of horseshit you’re willing to shovel! Lol.

This is how far I went down the rabbit hole. I was paying my rent within a couple months of selling worms... and had some bizarre conversations!
    Big Sky Worm Company

• Like Like x 8
  14. That is cool man. I’m just in it for the dirt but if you could turn a buck with it. I just want a neat logo for my enterprise.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Started vermicomposting about a month ago, so far going well.
    I built a flow through bin and bought 1000 dendras from a bait shop who appear to be happy, no runaways or deaths and I've seen plenty eggs.

Been reading online about mites and they seem to be okay....but...I have my bin in my veg tent for another month or so til the temps pick up outside,
    are these mites a risk to my plants?

I'm hoping since they have plenty to eat they will stay in the bin but just got worried

• Like Like x 5
  16. Hilarious..lol!
    I like your style Sinse:cool:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. The mites in your worm bins are likely a type of soil mite that assists in the breakdown of organic matter. They can also be soil dwelling predatory mites that feeds on fungus gnats (mycetophilids, Sciaridae flies), shore flies, the pupae of thrips and other insects, mites and nematodes in soil and growing media. Most are welcome guests in organic soil, no worries @GottaCoughToGetOff.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. I mentioned recently in the Lounge that i had dreamed of the Spring Garden season already and this morning I was dreaming of finding worms somewhere while digging thru dirt.

Maybe we need an Organics Mental Health section on the forum?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Any pics of your flow through set up? I built one myself and I'm curious as to how you did yours

• Like Like x 4
  20. Thank god, that's what I was hoping.
    I've seen them in photos in a few folks bins but needed a second opinion
    Cheers

• Like Like x 4