Vermicompost near Seattle?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by coldturkey, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Hello all!  Long time lurker, first time poster.

After reading through @BlueJay's No-till thread for the past month and researching like crazy, I am ready to build my first organic soil.  It seems both organic and no-till are no-brainers for me and are definitely the way to go.

I am having trouble sourcing quality vermicompost that is not > 200 miles from me.

Anyone near the Seattle area that can point me to a local nursery or store that I'm not able to find by web searching worm farms or vermicompost??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. #2 Chunk, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014

I'm not in Seattle but I'm familiar with this company and it's owners. They advertise that they use Oly Mountain Fish Compost as the base media for their castings which is a top shelf compost IME.

Maybe Pakalolo will chime in as I believe he shops there.

Keep It Simple Farm & Feed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wow this is perfect it's only 15 miles away, stupid google seo making the quality places hard to find!

Thank you much

4. If they're  that close to you, you'll be happy to know that they also carry all of the organic amendments we use here and I think they are a distributor for the Ahimsa Foundation's neem products as found at neemresource.com. These neem products are the best we've been able to find in the USA.

5. KIS is like an organic gardener's candy store. :D

TJ

KIS Organics may have EWC available as well from their worm bins. Worth a phone call any way...

CC