venting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by budporter129, Jan 25, 2010.

1. So I have been veggging 7 plants under 450 watts of flouro tubes since the end of November. I have been LSTing them, they are only about 1/3 away around the 5 gal bucket. Well they are starting to smell. So I built a DIY carbon scrubber. I also bought a 1000 watt HPS with a cool tube. My question is should I Vent the scrubber and the hood or pull the air through the scrubber keep it in the room and only vent through the hood?
    Thanks,
    Bud

2. What are your temps inside the room? You should either take advantage of the heat coming off the light, and not have it exhausted out of the space, or get the heat out because its too hot in your space.

3. Well its cool I think the plants would benifit from the heat, but I bought a dimmer switch to go on the exhaust so I can adjust the temp. My concearn is that if I exhaust out the light the air may still smell because it wasn't recently scrubbed. Or will it be ok since the scrubber is running inside?
    Thanks,
    Bud

4. Bump. Anyone able to help?
    Thanks,
    Bud

5. Most people scrub their smelly air right before they exhaust it into some other part of the house.

If heat is not a problem in your room skip the cool-tube all together and go with a bat-wing type reflector.

You don't want to run your 1000 in a tube without lots of air flow past the bulb, and if you're not exhausting that heat out of your space then why use the tube at all.

I run my filter->600->600->6" (not HO) inline->floor vent upstairs. The only problem you might run in to is your DIY carbon srubber might introduce 'carbon dust' in to your cool-tube if it's not built very well.

I would love to keep my 2x600's on a separate intake and exhaust but that would mean more fans and much more 6" soft-ducting.