Venting Via Water Heater Exhaust

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wickedslick0515, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Just a quick Question for all trades men out there.

currently I am having issues with heat within my "Growtent" which is directly related to the exhaust being constantly recirculated withing the room. I am planning on relocating this tent to my garage and either installing a dryer vent type system one the side of the home but then I realized that the Waterheater is nearby which may allow me to hook into the exhaust, which I believes vents above the roofline (causeing less of a concern of smell) Does any one have any experience or knowledge of HVAC, risks, concerns of doing this?

Please respond if you have any professional experience in this field.

Thanks in advance,

-Slick

2. If it is a gas water heater I wouldn't recommend using it. It could back up into your tent and I wouldn't imagine that to be a good idea.

3. I Didn't even think of that . . . What if a draft stopper (one way valve) is installed?

Sounds like an Exterior dedicated vent may be the best trick. I just need to take car of the smell.

4. Dont scrimp on odor control and getting a filter... its well worth the peace of mind :D

Best of luck on the setup