venting and 90 degree elbow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by puffin13, Mar 8, 2010.

1. would something like this at 4" be suitable for exhaust and fan to blow through?

[​IMG]

2. That looks just fine, they would have ventilation 90* elbows at your local hardware store though.

3. Yeah was just wondering as someone said that the ridges may mess with the exhaust flow, vs. a smoooth one.

Thought Id ask as I found this in my garage for some reason and it seems like the same pvc/abs material, except for the ridges......

4. It might add some resistance to the inside of the airflow and create more noise, but I don't see it being much of a problem

5. I agree with TravlinMan. If you want 90 degrees just buy a smooth one. Do you intend on puttin a filter on the end?

6. possibly will add one around the time I go to flowering and 12/12......but may just use window, as the exhaust backs right up to a window....

7. I see. Sounds good. that should work just fine then. I wouldn't hang the filter directly from it. A bracket or shelf to set it on would be smooth. :)

8. You mean you might just vent out the window? Or your definitely going to add a filter? If you have any air venting anywhere outside or even inside, you need some kind of odor controlling.

Even if you have a small plant in full bloom flowering it's going to WREAK!

So just make sure that you add a filter or something to control odor, smell is one of the easiest ways that you get caught!

If you are planning on putting the filter in, make sure you put it inside your grow room and have the inline fan pull the air from it instead of putting the exhaust through it. The fans and filters were designed to be pulled from not air pushed through, this will extend the life of the filter and fan as well.

+rep for being resourceful and using what you have man!

9. thanks, yeah I live up in the mountains and on the top floor of my building so am going to add some type of Carbon Filter right towards the end of vegging. Also have an Air Purifer with the Carbon pre-filter thing, and gonna get some of those neutralizing disks, or that gel stuff for the passive intake. Lol, not taking any chances.

10. You sound very well prepared and you have thought this out very good! Are you going to be posting a journal of some sort?
    It would be cool to follow all your progress! :)

11. definitely gonna try, and thanks.