Venting a tent inside a closet with 150 hps

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by itiswhatitis, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hello everyone I'm trying to setup my closet grow and I'm having trouble with temps and venting. I'm using a 150 watt floralux light with a 4 inch cooling flange. I have a 4 inch inline fan pulling air from the light into my basement through the floor and i also have a 4 inch inline fan pulling air into the tent from inside the closet. So far i cant keep the temps under 90. I was wondering if anyone had any tips that they could share. Is there a better way to set it up? I have tried a few different setups but all seem to be not doing the trick. Would putting a osculating in my tent make the temps drop any that seems to me the only thing i'm missing that i can think of. The tent is 26"deep, 33" wide, and 70" tall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. maybe blow the air though the light and out the tent. For example I have a carbon filter in my tent, I have a fan on top of that sucking through the filter blowing through the hood and out the tent. Try to avoid twist and turns with the ducting, do you have a fan controller and how many CFM is your fan?

3. Get a 6in inline fan from Menards for 30$ and a reducers to 4in, put another one at the end if you want more draw depending on length six sucks a LOT more air, if you have to make corners get the actual pipe to reduce air turbulence. Then have two other fans, one sucking air out of the top of the closet, pushing air into the adjoining room, and one lower down sucking cooler air into the closet off the floor of the adjoining room. Plug the last the fans into a 35$ programmable thermostat from menards and set a temp, when it gets over that temp they kick on, other wise they stay off!