Venting a grow hall closet

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by geo428, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Hey guys question for all of
    You. I'm growing in a 2x3x8closet in the hall. I have a Mars hydro 600w led. How can I vent this? I don't mind drilling holes just need some guidance. On the right side of the closet is the bathroom and on the left is a 2 ft opening where I have shelving. There's no attic just a small crawl space before reaching roof. And between the closet and restroom there's about 5 in between drywall same goes for the other side. There's some nice looking fans with vents sold by cool components but I wouldn't know how to connect them thru the gaps between the dry walls. Any help?!?!

2. Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Anyone?

4. Vent into the crawl space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Wouldn't that cause mold? I have a flat roof with no type of vent looked all over the house both in and outside and vents on the roof besides the kitchen

6. Not as far as I know. Maybe try to hook into the bathrooms vent.

7. No vents either in the bathroom this is probably the worst design apt ever. The insulation sucks so bad here

8. Yeah, I would just vent into the crawl space.

9. Would you know how to vent to the crawl space? Would I need duct collars? And why kind of fan?

10. Get a 4-6" inline fan and ducting. Drill a 4-6" hole in the ceiling, push air out through ducting into crawl space.

11. Just run the ducting thru the hole? How would I secure?? I'm guessing if I go this route my options of using co2 have pretty much vanished?? Thank you so much for this!! You're making this possible for me

12. You don't vent co2 enriched grows. They need to be in sealed rooms with large enough lights or youre wasting your time and venting the co2 right out of the grow. Then you still have to be able to control temps in a sealed grow. Temps can be higher, but not crazy high. Co2 supplementation is the last thing to try. Getting your grow and your techniques dialed in will be a much bigger help

13. Thanks killset I'm going to vent the closet either thru the door or the side
    Of the closet this is what it looks like [​IMG]

14. Right door is bathroom, middle is grow closer and left side is small storage space that I would vent to if I choose not to vent thru door

15. Don't worry about co2 I've did many grows without it and still got some big ass buds

16. Thanks spanky. I finAlly figured out what I going to do. I'm setting up a 190cfm inline fan with speed controller looking it up with a carbon filter and a duct muffler all this will go thru the side wall of the closet letting the air into the open space. The duct muffler will be used as both the muffler and collar for the 6" hole I will cut on the wall and I'll have 90 degree elbows on both side one for fan and filter and on the other to guide the air out with a small bug filter at the end

• Like Like x 1