Ventilation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Msully, Sep 18, 2018.

1. I am completely new to growing and not in a state where I have any access to ppl who know this info. According to the picture how many air ducts should I be using? Am I suppose to use all the vents? Prob is a dumb question but I have no idea. Also what size and kind of duct should I get and how many full size plants can I grow in this tent assuming 3-4. I’ve read up on everything else I need. I have a 600w Mars hydro led light.

Attached Files:

2. You should look up on youtube.. see peoples different setups and decide what you wanna do.. because there are so many different ways of setting it up.

Just remember heat rises so have an intake at the bottom and exhaust out of the top of the tent.. unless you have a cool tube reflector on your light...

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. If that's a 3 ft x 3 ft tent, then a 6" fan should work.
    If smaller, then a 4" will probably work.
    Ducting from the carbon filter needs one tent opening.
    A passive intake needs a bottom tent opening.
    Wires will also need a way to get out of the tent, but that can be thru the passive intake opening.

I just replaced a huge, inefficient 6" fan with this:

Now my tent ceiling isn't overcrowded.

4 plants is the most that can be efficiently grown in a 3 x 3 tent.
    I've tried as many as 6, but none had enough room, and I've gone back to 4, which is still pretty crowded.
    You might be able to get more plants than that with small autos, like mephisto 24 carat.

4. You can fit 4 plants in there forsure! And a 6” fan is fine but you need to know your volume of the tent and than get a 6” fan with the right CFM...

Theres alot of 6” fans that come in different speeds.

And the wires wtv just tape them to the tent polls and or just shoot them out the back through the vent hole...

What light are you using?

5. WWW.GROWWEEDEASY good luck

@ I love growing weed

6. Thank you for all the replies! Huge help. With the right ventilation system will that control my humidity and temperature effectively? the temp of my house sits at around 70*F.

• Like Like x 1
  7. which one of those fans should i buy? Do i definitely need to set up 2 fans to vents? or will one top fan be enough and have the vents on the bottom open to receive air from the room? i live up north and it gets very cool inside my house by next month. Also whats the cheapest carbon filter that will go with either of these fans that will get the job done? im buying everything at once so im trying to save money, but at the same time i want to make sure everything i get will help me grow high quality flower. thank you guys