Ventilation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Russmuss, Jan 15, 2017.

1. When should i start the ventilation like can i get away with growing a seedling under a led light and wait for my duct fan to come in

2. Yes. It'll take you several weeks of veg to get one big enough to go into flower, and when they're young and tender, they don't need major bright light. We veg with CFLs simply because of the heat factor, but once they get rooted well and start putting on new growth, hit them with all you've got. They don't do much growing above ground while they're rooting in, but they will put on new growth more rapidly and just grow faster once the roots get set. Light is everything with an indoor grow. We are attempting to mimic the sun...yea right....LOL, so you can understand the importance of it when it's a fake setup. Better light gets you a better plant and weightier harvest. Good luck. TWW

3. Ok so i can grow my seedling without a proper ventilation for a few weeks and just open the grow tent a few times and have a oscillating fan going until i get my duct fans??

• Like Like x 1
  4. Monitor your temps. If you don't you're rolling dice. I wouldn't start a grow without a cheap temp/humidity monitor. Keep the seedlings below 82 and above 72. Whatever it takes to do that.

I'm a big fan of the 24 hour light cycle in veg. Don't be afraid. If you give a veg plant darkness it just grows slower. It makes it easier to keep temps regular if the lights are on all the time. You can research it. Cannabis is a special plant that is a in a limited group that's been scientifically proven to not need a dark period in veg cycle.

I'm currently using 20on/4off for veg but I've gone back and forth, done 19/5 and 18/6. I'm currently doing a dark period because I have to put plants on hold to wait for room in the bud tent. I don't care if they grow slower. They're plenty big enough to bud already but the room is taken.