Ventilation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SwampApe9, Apr 22, 2016.

1. #1 SwampApe9, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    First grow here. 4x4x8 tent with 600W dimmable air cooled HPS/MH. The tent will be placed in the unfinished room that sits almost completely underground. I have one vent available to expel the air, but my concern is about the quality of the "fresh" air flowing in. What are my options to improve the air quality flowing in?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well where does fresh air usually come into the room?

"The world is in your hands,
    Mine are in the dirt."

3. There are three vents in the room that lead outside. The room is made out of concrete block and is basically the sub foundation of the house. I don't want to use all of the vents because the room needs to be ventilated to protect the foundation. I'll snap a pic to show what I'm working with

• Like Like x 1
  4. By venting OUT of one with a strong fan, you can leave the other two as passive intakes. I would hook something up to the intakes (like ducting) and draw them to the floor so the cool air starts low and is pulled out up top out of your exhaust. You want the fresh air to go all throughout the room and then exhaust, using circulation fans can help achieve this.

Just a little stoner ingenuity and trial and error will get you good. I would maybe filter the air coming in so pests and other undesirables don't end up in the grow space.

Mine are in the dirt."

• Like Like x 3
  5. Good idea! Greatly appreciate the feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Something like this on the intake duct?

7. No problem at all.

Btw the swamp ape is a great brew, lol.

It's showing as an unsupported video.

Mine are in the dirt."

8. This. Push air out and let negative pressure do the rest for you. It will draw in fresh air, and with a duct you can place the intake pretty much anywhere you choose. I use an 8" fan dialed down to about 40V, my intake is 6" in each cab and has enough negative pressure to hold a sheet of paper up at the intake. Make those ladies dance!

Sent from my Spaceship using the Grasscity App.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1348058-DaS-Perpetual-Stealth-Cabs-Grow-Chronicles

• Like Like x 1