Ventilation System For Computer Case Grow Help Needed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Typewritermonky, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Alright so I have my computer case grow going, and the seeds just sprouted and they look pretty. Anyways, further down the line I am going to need a ventilation system to make my apartment not reek of marijuana. Right now I have a small fan in there, just to circulate the air, but I am looking for how to do it when it is flowering and such. Anyone know what to do? Thanks!

Cliff Notes:
    1. Computer case grow
    2. Need to know a ventilation system to get smell out or keep in case.
    3. Thanks!

P.s: Please don't respond if your going to say search.

2. There are a number of options that you can use to neutralize odor inside your grow.

There are cfl light bulbs that actually neutralize odors called Fresh2. fresh2 compact fluorescent light bulbs remove odor while emitting energy efficient light From what I've heard, these things are actually very effective, especially in small cabs like a PC case. Of course, you need to have a standard socket inside the cab. So if you're using an HPS system then this problem won't be the best option for you.

You could also build a carbon scrubber to attach to your exhaust fan or fans. There are a number of ways to build a scrubber that I've seen.
    Here is a link to a professional looking scrubber: DIY pro style carbon filter - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

Here is a link to a cheaper but also good looking scrubber:
    The BEST DIY EZ walmart carbon filter for MICRO grows Zen style. - Marijuana Growing

All the options are fairly inexpensive, although some more space consuming (i.e. the carbon scrubber).

I would love to see some pics of your setup if you ever get the chance. I'll also leave this link to a bunch of useful DIY links (its a meta-link). Check it out: ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

Good luck with the deodorization.

- DN