Ventilation suggestions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by brknolley, Sep 14, 2016.

1. I am in a 2x2x4 running two marshydro 300w LEDs.

I am in week 4 of veg and it's around 75 degrees where I live so it's been perfect. I've been leaving the tent partially unzipped for better air flow.

With flowering coming up pretty soon im kind of curious if anyone has some suggestions on keeping the tent cool when I zip it up for it's 12 hours of darkness. When I zip it up with 2 fans going in it the temp rises to 86+ in 3-5 minutes, hence why I leave it partially unzipped during the day now.

The tent has the usual 3-4 holes in it for a filtering system if some sort. Just want someone to point me in the right direction here on keeping it cool when zipped during flowering.

As you can tell in the picture I have some floor space in the tent to use and plenty of ventilation holes to use.

Live in Colorado so I can find anything I need locally, just suggest a few options I could go.

Appreciate the help.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Try googling grow tent set up

3. Yea I'm half stupid and haven't thought of that....don't respond if you aren't going to answer the question. I'm taking suggestions from people who may have past experiences with similar equipment.

4. You mean the ones that googled ? I'm not so sure half might be an under estimate

5. Brknolley, i have the same type of tent you have. I recently had the same issue with heat. My setup consist of:

600w LED
    2 clip on fans
    1 Oscillating fan
    Carbon filter
    4 inch duct inline fan to exhuast hot air

Before I recieved my 4" exhaust, i could not leave the tent zipped up. I would experience temps well in the 90s if it was. After getting the 4" exhaust the temp regulated to 83°. I plan on gettin a intake fan to push cold air inside. Hopefully this drops my temp down to 79°. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. The air in your room needs to be exchanged once every three minutes for the sole purpose of Co2 exchange which is vital for photosynthesis. You may want to get a fan capable of exchanging the air in your tent as many as 3 times a minute for cooling purposes, although i doubt it since your using LEDS, but ive never used them. Your room is 128 cubic feet, so I would probably grab a 400 something cfm inline fan with a speed adjuster. Use it to pull hot air out from the top of your tent with a passive intake at the bottom (probably want some type of intake filter or screen for dust, bugs, etc.) for fresh Co2 laden air. The air coming out of your tent will probably stink to high heaven which may or may not be an issue for you, but a carbon filter may be necessary depending on your situation. You should keep in mind that fans dont cool, they only remove heat, so you can tinker with the fans speed to see what works best for you. You can turn the fan all the way up and your tent not be any cooler than if you set it on say half speed because the latter is sufficient to remove as much heat as possible.

--I have no experience with LEDS you may not need near 400 cfm to sufficiently remove heat
    --You may want to exhaust hot air in a separate room or outside so your not heating the space your tent is in thus raising the air temp you are intaking

7. I took a small bathroom fan and put a cord on it, then ran a long 4" duct and you can put it where ever the air is cooler (through the wall into a poorly insulated mech room)

8. Can you post a picture of those plants in normal light? they look pretty unhealthy but i cant really tell because of the light.

9. So I went and bought a 4" inline fan and some ducting to go with it. Ran the fan to the living room where the AC is set at 62. Zipped the tent up with a small fan on the plants. After 5 minutes the tent soars to 85 degrees. Turned on the inline fan and within a couple minutes I was around 72 with the entire tent zipped up. Looks like it's time for me to flower.