Ventilation Question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Singoe, Sep 23, 2010.

1. #41 Singoe, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2010
    OK, im pretty sure they dont make 6" hole saws, so should i just use a compas and mark out 6" circle on the wood and then fit as many circles (the size of the hole saw) around the edge inside of the circle, and then refine it after?

EDIT: nevermind they make 6" hole saws haha

Also the only thing i could find for vent baffles, is attic baffle and i dont think thats it.

2. Alright, ill just go to a hardware store and ask for a vent that only allows air to go in 1 way. I dont think its that peculiar of a question.

3. Lowes and home depot have the same stuff as ace. Just trying to give you an example

4. #45 Singoe, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
    Ya i know, ill go to one of those, Lowes, Home Depot, Ace theyre all the same.

Ok so i just want to make sure i got this. I made an edit to my crappy paint blueprints for the intake vent. Here it is.

Attached Files:

5. Could i just connect the carbon filter straight to the light?

6. You could, but then it will be heavy on one side and won't hang straight. I know you could just hang it like with the light, but then moving the light up and down becomes a pain in the ass. It's best to just hang the Filter in the corner and forget about it.

Another thing. One 400 watt light really isn't enough for 6 plants, especially 8. If you don't have the light yet I would say definitely get at least a 600. They don't cost much more than a 400 setup would. If you get a good digital ballast that is dimmable, you could turn it down to 400 and veg with a 400 MH and then turn it up to 600 for an HPS for flower. One light setup for 2 purposes, all you need to do is change the bulb.

Good Luck!!

7. How much more expensive is the 600 than the 400, i have a limit on cash

8. That just depends on where you are shopping. At Hydro Wholesale their cheap setups are only a 28 dollar difference. They are magnetic ballasts, so you wouldnt be able to turn it down and run a 400 on it. The electronic ones are 47 dollars apart and they are good ones.

Don't know how much you were planning on spending for a light, but since it is the most important part of your grow I would imagine you are not going to be that cheap about it. Check Craigslist. There are always really good deals on there. Even if you have to drive a little ways to get it.