Ventilation Question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Singoe, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Sure. That would work. Gonna eat up some grow space

outa wood..... It's a rectangle box with holes drilled on oposite ends of the box. If your not gonna build it tonight. Run down to home depot and look at the low profile dryer vents to give you a better idea of what I'm talkin about

but yeah your idea will work

2. I think i know what your talking about, you should post a pic when you get a chance.

3. I don't know if a picture of what I have would help.

Lemme run down stairs in a sec and see if I can find something online.

20 minutes man. Hyperlinking from a phone sucks

4. Hahaha alright

5. Alright now i see what your saying, ok so ill make a 12"x8"x3" box around the hole, fitting the opening vent towards the bottom, and the on coming in at the top, both with 6" holes. I think that should work, right?

6. It does not have to be that large

mines only 3 inches thick by four inches tall by six inches long. Your would have to be slighly larger for a six inch hole.

Once you start you'll see what I mean

7. Well if i was going to make a 6" hole it have to be atleast 12" to make it light proof.

8. your right bro... sorry... wasn't really focusing on the math... i stand corrected...

take pics of the build

9. The are is far away, but im going there around monday and taking measurments so i can make a door, and trapdoor. That should only take me like a day once i have all the materials.

10. Hey, not sure if this will help your intake problem or not.

My closet room is 40x24x80, for a passive intake i have 14x6 vent on the side( in which i painted flat black, hoping to surpress some light, but was a no go ), a Super Sun2 hood, and a 340cfm fan. Somehow, some way, i found it to be a perfect match for the right amount of air. In the daytime, it will run about 3-4degrees higher than ambient temp, and thats still at a whopping 73.9 the majority of them time, and thats completely with the closet doors closed.

If it was up to me, id take the charcoal filter, cut a hole in the floor and exhaust it there rather than have 2 things going 2 different places.

-d00bzzz

11. Im having a passive intake in the door, and im sucking it under the house threw a charcoal filter, and a hood.

12. Yeah bro. Your set. I can't wait. Start a journal. Take tons of pics. Can't wait to see that trapdoor

13. Oh and there is one thing ill need for the trapdoor, I need a ducting flange that can go into 6" ducting, but the other side i need to be drilled into the floordoor... haha floordoor. you know what i mean? id be suprised if there wasnt a ducting piece like this.

14. im not really sure what your describing... but even if you have to fashion something out of metal and rivit the metal together and duct tape the thing for air leaks.... its super simple... a rivit gun is like six dollars and the rivits are cheap..... so don't get discouraged if you cant find what your looking for... when in doubt make your own... way cheaper

15. Ok, lets see if I can explain this a little better. Im going to be cutting a 6" hole into the trap door, and I need a way to effincently connect the ducting to it. Maybe you can tell me what is best here.

16. Just cut a six inch hole and put in a vent with a baffel so air does not blow in from your crawl space if your fan is off. Maybe cover it with panty hose to keep the bugs out, just in case

you might have to have a hole saw that's 6 and 1/8. Do the ducting slides threw easily. I'm not at your grow. Only you will know

good luck. If my writing does not make cents. I'm at margaritaville. Drinking. Trying to help bro

17. #39 Singoe, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2010
    Stupid question, but what tool should i use to make the hole in the doors?
    And whats a baffle? Oh and after my first harvest with this new setup, Im going to install an Air-3. and connect my fans to that, and also id get a co2 generator, and maybe an a/c and something to control humidity. One question tho, is it best to use a fanspeed controller with it? or can u just skip it when using the air-3

Also, question about electricity, im going to be using a 400w HPS, and a 450 cfm fan. Can i just plug it into any normal outlet? or is there things i have to do before hand? I really want to make this are a controlled atmosphere, controllable thermostat, and humidistat.

18. For the hole you can use a jig saw or a hole saw

I recomend the hole saw attached to a drill. Much easier

a baffel is a flap of metal inside a piece of ducting that will close if air flows from the wrong direction

of use a fan speed controller. Much quieter