Ventilation Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TokeNinja, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Have grown several times before, planning to start the below in month or two

Plan:

Vegetation Tent
    0.6m x 0.6m x 1.4m
    125w blue CFL

Flower Tent
    1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent
    400w (with boost) HPS WITH DIMMMABLE BALLAST
    4" carbon filter

I already own the above, I also have 2x extract fans. Both 4", I think around 179m3/h or similar.

Currently I have a reflector, planning to buy a air cooled hood and use air cooled in flower tent and reflector for veg tent.

Do I need to buy a 5"/6" extractor for the flower tent?

I'm thinking most of the heat issues will be dealt with by the air cooled hood so I won't need a large extractor, would 4" suffice?

My plan is to run weaker 4" extract for veg tent, I know the clf doesn't produce much heat so not that worried about that. But the HPS will be hot.

Would I be better getting 5" air cooled good and new 5" extractor, or, get 4" air cooled and get 5" for the main tent?

I will probably get 5" and a £2.00 4"-5" coned vent connector so I can swap around once set up if needed, plus it will be connected to carbon filter.

I read the other day that when calculating tent volume you can reduce size of extractor otherwise required due to heat reduction thank tk air cooled. Any experience out the moving from open reflectors to air cooled hoods or tubes?

I am just after opinions from experienced blades so any advise or comments will be welcome.

Cheers.