Ventilation Problem

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Wiredpanic, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Right now I have 3 bagseeds vegging under 2 26w CFLs in a box. I'm about 6 days in and am doing an immediate 12/12 for time restrictions but have one small issue, ventilation. I've been told that case fans are key for micro growers, but they don't work with carbon filters. Do y'all know of any cheap inline fans that move more that 50cfm that can pass through a DIY carbon Filter?

Or do you think it would work to have a piece of duct, a case fan on each end, with a sheet of carbon filter, some shredded sheet, then another sheet so its like a carbon filter sandwich between the two fans? Would that be enough to cover smell and maintain negative pressure?

the space is about a 2ft cube.

I also only plan on keeping one plant once I know sex, and yes there will be more lights for flowering.

Gracias mi amigos

2. #3 303kushman, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    There are tons of ways to do it w/o dropping $120 on a fan/filter kit, although that's a sick deal!

Google: zen carbon filter DIY

There is also a post on grass city about the exact thing I'm talking about. I'm not sure of the link, maybe I'll post that in a bit if I can remember!

There are a ton of case fans that go way over 50cfm, check ebay. I doubt anything is "as good" as the previous poster mentioned, but there are less expensive ways of doing things.

Edit: so my stoner ass can't read, if the space is a 2 ft cube..... 8 cubic ft. Then def make your own! A stronger pc/case fan will def do the trick. Check eBay, or best buy, then make your own filter and you'll be fine.

3. But my issue is that everyone says a case fan doesnt have enough power to push/pull through these DIY filters

4. Go on frozenpc.com they have stronger fan