VENTILATION: Induction or Exhaust??? **HELP NEW.B**

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by qwickymart, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Hey whats up guys! I been growing for 6 seasons or so but just came across 3 1000HPS lights and built a 9x4' chamber to flower in!!!!

I used rigid foam board for the walls and I need HELP WITH VENTILATION PROCESS?

WHAT DO I DO WITH THE FAN:

PUSH AIR IN THE CHAMBER?

OR

PULL AIR OUT OF THE CHAMBER?

or do I do both?

2. Pull stale air out but if you can do both then that's twice as nice.

3. DAMN THATS SOME NICE THC!!!!

check this out:

I grow in a basement with 4 or so 4x10 vent holes at the roof/wall junction.

The vent holes just happen to be the exact same shape as residential hvac so I can use those type fittings.

I WAS THINKING OF DOING THIS:
    putting a main intake fan on 1 of these holes (2 have to be plugged becaues they have water pipes blocking access). This main intake hole would be in the general walking area of my growroom and would supply my veg station and flowering chamber with fresh air from outside through a T.

From this T I would feed 1 side to my flowering chamber where I would mate it to another INTAKE FAN which would help pull the air through the long run of 8" ducting and also provide for the main wind source for the inside of the chamber and would blow down the center run of 8'? (i hope) and then at the top of the 8' run I have another vent convieniently located which I would mount up a exhaust fan to pull out the stale air from the chamber?

WHATDAYATHINK?

4. I hope to have other random fans mounted in the room to provide for wind and air movement!

5. im mainly a car guy and know alot about airflow, turbos,flowbenches, radiator fans and ect. and i know that a inline fan moves more air through an orifice in push than in pull. but if you have a negative air system (pull or exhaust) the smell has no chance of laking out even if there are big holes.

6. wait? what? are you high or something????

I don't care about smell - thats why i grow weed so I can smell it - then smoke it!

HEY I LIKE CARS TOO!!!

I gotta 90 5.0 with a built motor...

Whattda you drive?

7. Im 18 so im not dribving yet but im building a beaten 87 s10 i was given and puting a chevy 267 smallblock v8 into it along with twin turbos :). I already choped the top 2" in the back and 2.5" in the front so the hood slants down. Currently im working on the chassis doing a body drop, c notching and tucking in the frame rails to fit some used nascar 12" slicks. I also have a GM 502 marine used engine that will eventualy be a 800 hp monster after i plug in a good turbo cam and hook it up to a turbo i have from a mack truck the things freeking 14" wide and weighs around 40 lbs!

The reason why i mentioned odor is i am growing in my parents house and dont want it discovered so its one of the things i think of when thinking of ventalation.

8. grower i had to make a slight alteration to your above post.....i think you'll figure out what i changed! ;) if not pm me and i'll let you know ......Peace out......Sid

9. wait sid? I don't get it - what did you change?

By the way anyone know of a good fan to use ?

I have heard of dayton etc...

I USUALLY SHOP AT HOME DEPOT/LOWES/OSH/TARGET/WALMART...

any model #'s or anything!

10. i've sent you a pm to tell you....Peace out....Sid

11. It really depends on the dimensions of your grow room. For $80 you could get the Dayton 140CFM but for the same price you could get the economical version, Hydrofarm's Active Air 180CFM. They'll both clear a closet in less than a couple minutes and it's best to get one that exhausts a room completely within 5 minutes.