Ventilation help - Please share your thoughts/ideas

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by silent_bob_2002, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Hi all,

I'm trying to get some input on ventilation. I attached a rough sketch of what will hopefully be a fabulous grow room.  Keep in mind that all of the incoming (and exhausted) air are both vented from (/to the) outside. Also, I give no fucks about smells vacating the room, only concerned with air quality/flow.

With that in mind, what I am specifically interested in hearing about:

• Your thoughts on the setup thus far. Is it overkill? Should any changes be made?

• Passive vs. active intakes. Which is better for the air-cooled lights, and why? The room?

• Static pressure. I have ruled out positive pressure, but is it best to go with negative room pressure, or balanced? What about inside the cool tubes? Why?

• Air conditioning / dehumidification. I live in the Pacific Northwest. Is there a better way to cool these lights (and room), without spending $1,500+ on A/C and dehu? Or will they be necessary anyways; work them into the design now?

And anything else of relevance you think could help during the design phase. Thank you in advance..

Attached Files: