Ventilation for wooden grow box

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by sweettokes, Apr 14, 2011.

1. im wondering if i need some type of ventilation for my grow box, if so, i was planning on just making a couple small holes on each wall with possibly a fan blowing towards on side of the box so a small amount of air flow is going through it

2. hey man:wave:. if you don't mine me asking how big is the box? if its not too big you could get away with a cheep fan rigged up to blow air out the top and the neg presure will pull air back in through holes down low. if the box is big. you should go with an inline fan more money but also helps move air better. you really do need are flow your plants will do much better with air moving. stagnate air will have no co2 or vary little and it will likely get humid and cause countless other probs in the future. good luck peace:smoke:

3. my box is 3 foot length by 2.5 foot width by 3 feet height, i dont think an inline fan is an option because i am flat broke lol only have enough money to buy the soil i need unless something comes up (just got a job interview haha)

4. how stealthy are you going for? you could go to lowes and get a 20 in box fan i think they are 15 and cut square hole in it and put it in so it blows air out.if you have a smaller fan around try it with that.my inline fan i had for 7 years when out and i put one of the 20in in my roof for temporary and it actually worked quit well was impressed with it.i didnt keep it cuz they suck for moving hot air long distances its an issue when running 2400-2600 watts but in your aplication should be more then sufficient.hope that helps. peace bro

5. im putting the box in my buddies room doesnt have to be stealthy at all were putting it in his closet and no one ever goes in his room, were only using this until they get a week or so into the veg stage, or until the weather is nice enough, then we will be putting them outside in the ground

6. well that being said i was thinking more long hall but if its not for too long just leave it cracked with a fan blowing air around and all should be well. just try to keep it from gettin over 80

7. do you think i need any type of reflecting material on the walls? since this box is made of all wood i think it will heat up fairly well and i am caulking every crevice to make sure there is no heat loss.

8. well if it was permanent i would say yes use Mylar but if its for a week or 2 its up to you more light always better but that early in life its not gunna matter too much . flowering is a different case all together.make sure your caulking is non toxic most caulks are toxic until cured some may be for plants even after they are cured to an extent.just lookin out. if you not 100% sure i would only use aquarium silicon

9. ok thanks a lot man take it eazy

10. no problem bro good luck on you out door grow.peace:smoke: