Ventilation for 2x4x5 tent. LED GROW

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Theprox, Nov 20, 2017.

1. if someone can help me out please. I cant find a answer anywhere..

I need a exhaust fan for my 2x4x5 grow tent. I want the option to use a carbon filter as well (incase I want to put one on one day). but as of now, smell doesn't matter. If I had a carbon filter, it would be OUTSIDE the tent.

But how would this fan fit in the tent? especially if I want to have the carbon filter outside the tent? does this fan just simply fit inside the pre made hole in the tent? then I attach the ducting with carbon filter outside of it?

Can someone explain!? what fan should I get?

2. what about this fan? I want something with a speed controller, because obviously 190+CFM is too much for a 2x4x5

Attached Files:

• fan.png
      fan.png
      File size:
      519.8 KB
      Views:
  3. The carbon filters I've seen must be inside the tent, unless you want to rig up something very elaborate.
    These filters are cylinders that suck in smelly air thru their sides, and then the fan blows out the filtered air.
    You won't need a very big fan for that small volume, so 4" or more should work.
    The fan can be outside the tent, but not the filter.
    Tent ceilings get cluttered with light, fan, and filter, so you'll need a roof plan.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That should work well.

5. Set that fan up outside the tent, with duct going into one of the holes on top of the tent. You can connect it to a carbon filter hung from the top pole inside the tent, or just put it through the duct hole and pull the hole shut snug around the duct

Skywalker OG & Royal gorilla (smart pot vs air pot)

6. Can anyone suggest me a good fan & carbon filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I’ll buy a 4” incline fan with a speed controller. But what size carbon filter should I get? I don’t want to big of one because it will be INSIDE the tent

8. I’ll buy a 4” incline fan with a speed controller. But what size carbon filter should I get? I don’t want to big of one because it will be INSIDE the tent.

& where does the fan sit? On top of the tent where the big hole is? (Where I’ll be connecting the duct). Where should I put the fan ?

• Like Like x 2
  9. how could I do that? put the ducting first through the top of the tent? then connect the fan, then the carbon filter last?

10. how could I do that? put the ducting first through the top of the tent? then connect the fan, then the carbon filter last?

11. As long as the duct is going from inside to outside the tent it doesn't matter which one you hook up first, just make sure the filter is inside and fan is outside and the duct is hooked up as tight as possible

Skywalker OG & Royal gorilla (smart pot vs air pot)

12. I messaged you