Ventilation for 2x2x4 Tent 450W LED

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by HeyitsMikey, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Hi all,

I just setup my new Grow tent. It's a 2x2x4. I'm running a VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED.

I'm having huge issue with temperature (79-82F). Currently the tent is in my closet, there are no windows nearby and I'm unable to run duct work outside.

In regards to intake and exhaust, what exactly is needed? Do I need two separate ventilation systems ? One for the LED and one within the tent itself?

I currently have some computer fans running but I know that is something I will need to change ASAP.

Any recommendation on intakes and or exhaust there are good but reasonable in price? Do I need a intake and exhaust? Or can I be okay with one or the other?

Thanks,
    Mike

• Like Like x 1
  2. Forgot to mention, what should I be looking for when it comes to CFMs with my particular setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. led should have built in fan u should just get a cheap regular fan for the tent or a fan made for tents (if ur getting a cheap regular fan make sure it has low speed settings.) or u can use a computer fan or 2.

4. Hey justenoughswag,

Currently I have 2 computer fans. I pulled them from my space bucket setup. However, even with these two fans my temp is still high.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Not sure if the exhaust fan will help decrease the temp or if I need a intake also?

• Like Like x 1
  5. good question lol im gonna watch this thread tho i plan to expand to that kind of setup

6. and yeah u dont need any duct u can just use the exhaust fan*

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not sure if that fan is powerful enough to do what you want. But you can put an exhaust at the top, and have an intake fan at the bottom. Another idea would be to have ducting on top of your light covering the exhaust holes. Then have your pc fans pull the hot air right from there out of the tent. You be able to have it shoot right out the top(if you have a port). And have another one exhaust out the top to pull any hot air in the room.

Also do you have fans going or just dead air?

Just some ideas, don't really know your full set up.

8. Hey Diatt,

Do you have any recommendations on exhaust/intake brands? Also not exactly sure what CFM be ideal for a 2x2x4 tent. The LED is 450W.

Currently I do not have a fan inside just dead air, I will get a fan shortly for the inside.

9. All depends on your needs. Silent? Do you plan to ever upgrade? Do you already have any ducting? What size are your ports? How much do you have to spend? Is smell a concern?

10. Yes I'd like it to be silent. I do not plan to upgrade from this setup. I currently have no ducting. The port sizes are 6". Is like to spend max $40.

11. Forgot the last question :p

12. Might of worked if you didn't need the filter. They may claim high CFM but slap a filter on there and its not really doing much.

You can try DYI Filter, not really something I dabble in. I use a six inch with a filter. But you are looking at 130-160$. Youll be fine in Veg(Dont have too much time with your limit height. Remember they get big when you flower). But I would suggest a lot of google and youtube :)

13. Hey nice to meet everyone.
    I think 80f is ok it isn't great but it's not that .. atleast in my opinion

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

14. Yeah I might still get it for the intake, but will look into alternative for a exhaust. Also now I'm questioning if I got too small of a tent

15. Hey everyone, yeah so far haven't seen any signs of heat stress. If anything today she decided to crystalize. [​IMG]

However, I'm planning on possibly moving my tent into the basement. No matter what the location is I still want to get a good intake/ exhaust setup however I'm definelty on a budge. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 4inch Carbon filter kit would be ideal minimum but you might could use a duct booster fan with some ducting on eBay

Lo$t in the $auce
    Violeta Dwc Mars 300 (Purp Grow)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Get yourself a 4" carbon filter and fan for like $70 it'll save you the hastle with smell. All you need is for the fan to suck all the hot stinky air out and with the negative pressure the tent will suck in fresh cooler air thru a passive open intake vent at the bottom of tent should cool your tent down

• Like Like x 2
  18. How's your grow going? I'm just starting mine in a 2x2x4 with a 450w LED.