Ventilation FAQ

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bohbo, May 4, 2010.

1. Can anyone recommend a quiet 4” duct fan for a relatively small 3x3x6 tent? I’m currently using an ipower (iirc, it was cheap online) in-line duct fan with a fan speed controller.

It’s way more fan than I actually need and even at the slowest speed, it’s exceptionally noisy. I’m looking to quiet the room down significantly and really have no idea what to look for. I know this thread is mostly for room setups, but was hoping someone could be of some help.

2. Any one running carbon filter without ducting? So scrubbing air within the room?

Recycled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. #1403 Patricia Clemons, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Okay this is informative. Only to clarify. If i have a duct cfm, exhaust going out the window to cool the heat from a light, is it safe to put an insect net over the end or will that affect airflow poorly.

Also wanted to double check, in a sealed enclosure to ensure light proofing, would i need a fan bringing air in?

I am soon to buy the things needed to begin my first indoor grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Hi everyone, nice guide.

I'm trying to build a grow box inside an outdoor plastic closet (the ones used to store garden stuff outside) for indoor growing which is 180x65x39 cm or so.
    Air vents (helicoidal since I need to use carbon filters) have more than 3 times the necessary flow.

Then I was thinking about pc fans and a diy paneled carbon filter. I'm quite an expert when it comes to this things so I know pc fan can't produce a significative negative pressure inside a cabinet.

I'm afraid an axial fan setup, even with large static pressure blade, won't be enough to produce a proper top down flux. Internal volume is less than .42 square meter.

Toughts?

Inviato dal mio BKL-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

5. I have a 400 watt hps light with hood. There is no glass just an open hood. Is that ok? D

6. Is ventilation necessary? Looks complicated and I don’t want to fart with it. Knew this dude who grew chronic and I don’t remember seeing any ventilation.

7. Okay bros last question before I start my grow. If I get a 6-inch in-line fan for my 2.5 x 2.5 will I be good and which would you recommend?

8. #1409 Kwince, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019

9. Hey guys can you help me out. i have set up my Centrifugal Exhaust Fan 400cfm with my 500cfm filter. Grow room dim. is 4 * 4 * 7 feet. so im running the fan at around 190cfm. I am not fully set up but i thought i might try out the odor control with smoking a bong in the tent. My mate smelt it straight away from the exhaust ducting. so the next time i tested it, i used body spray at 300 cfm thinking that maybe the filter kicks in at a higher cfm and stil failed. looking at the filter the fan using ducting and tape i can only feel moving air coming from the outside of the fan shield .. possibly from the gaps of the metal. Is this normal ?

10. Do I keep my fans running while lights are out? I'm having an issue with saturation in my soul and I'm not watering that often. I'm thinking the fans would help dry my soul.

11. 2x4x5 tent in my concrete, unfinished and unheated basement. I have a space heater and small humidifier inside said tent connected to an Inkbird ITC-608T.

My plants are still young and thus don't produce much humidity. This, in turn, limits how much I can exhaust because when I exhaust, it sucks ALL the humid air out and drops RH to ~40%. I think I have good airflow as I have a couple clip on fans with one of them kinda aimed at the exhaust port to at expel at least some of the old air AND the plants dance a little bit thanks to the other one. Still, with just those two fans, if i don't have them place just so, I struggle to maintain consistent RH.

12. My simple closet grow seems to get great air circulation. I mean it's not light or air tight, but the room it's in doesn't see use during lights out and door can remain closed or cracked.

I initially just had the closet open, with no fans. Climate wasn't bad at all, humidity wasn't an issue. But canopy temps have improved, humidity levels came down to a better level for late flowering, and the buds seemed to pack on crystal after I added the 'curtain' and this fan setup.

Hoping for my second light to show up soon so I can bring day time temps up a bit.

IMG_2107.JPG

13. Sup guys,
    I have a relative simpel question.
    Im in the process of building a semi sealed grow room and my question is how do you prevent CO2 escaping via the intake/exhaust holes when the ventilators are off?
    The only solution i have come up with is to buy a electromagnetic valve and to basically make reducers that will connect the small hole(2,5cm) of the valve to the bigger(100mm) hole of the ventilator.
    Any beter,cheaper solutions?

14. How are you guys doing, I am new to growing, I bought a 8x4 tent 96"x48"x80, I bought an intake fan 8 inches and outtake fan 8 inches as well. For the intake fan should I switch it to 6 inches and get that one instead of the 8 inch fan? Not sure if I bought the correct fans for the size of the tent, thank you. IMG_4610.JPG

15. Hi! I have a question about CO2 and tent ventilation.

I'm starting back up with a grow. All new everything. But the CO2 thing has me perplexed. Like if I threw in one of those CO2 buckets or sprung for cylinders, even in the coolest running tent there's going to be a need for some exhaust. How am I supposed to keep any useful level of gas in the tent when running an exhaust fan, even on low speed?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Can you use a single fan and duct to ventilate two grow tents by linking them in series? It seems like it should and it would make my setup easier to duct, but my experience is zero so I thought I would ask in case its a known problem or such.

17. Definitely not a big deal for the insect screen.

Second thing is your air is blowing out then you get negative pressure and should be good.

18. hey guys, saw a video today with a grower who put his dust sleeve from the carbon filter, inside the filter hole where the fan or vent connects to, instead of wrapping it to the outside. he said it prevents dust from getting into the filter. i guess it makes sense but I've never seen that, I've always seen the sleeve on the outside.

this was for a setup with the carbon filter and fan on the outside of a grow tent. anyone agree or disagree putting the dust sleeve on the inside of the filter as opposed to the outside?