ventilation and c02

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by ocelot666, Nov 25, 2012.

1. My flower room is currently a closed system running c02 on a regulator which is connected to a sensor. I have 2 inline reflector 600 watt hps lights and one open reflector 400 watt. The c02 is connected to the timer and only runs when the lights are on. I want to run ducting through the 600 watt lights only, there will be an intake and exhaust. I'm wondering how much fan power i need for this. I am hoping i can just use one or two of those 150 cfm booster fans from home depot to save on money. Would that be enough? My idea is to have one intake and one exhaust for the two lights, splitting the ducting in two before and after in a rough diamond shape with a booster fan at the exhaust to cool the lights. Or i could run two straight lines, one through each light with the boosters at each exhaust. Keep in mind that this is only for cooling my lights, I'm not currently trying to think about venting the whole room. There would be roughly 14-20 feet of ducting to pull air through as well as the two 600s

2. Won't be enough air flow.

For one 600w I ran a 6" Vortex on a speed control.

For two lamps you might consider at the very least a 6" Vortex type or even an 8" on a speed control.

3. those booster fans are absolute poop! they move ZERO air on their own as they cnat build pressure. They are ONLY booster fans and even then, i cant imagine they do much. The only use ive found for them are moving air without any duct work. Get an inline