Ventialtion during flowering lights out

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Numbness2005, Sep 18, 2011.

1. #1 Numbness2005, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
    Hey guys,

I've been on the net all morning trying to find answer to this this but can't seem to find exactly why I am looking for. I know I need ventilation 24/7 which is what I've been reading every where but no where tells me how to achieve this without letting in an light!

Ok current set up is 110cfm extractor fan with ducting pulling hot air out through top of tent and pushing into carbon filter outside of tent..I've also
    Used a piece of ducting at the bottom tent fas a passive intake ( as the extractor fan sucks it should draw air in through it.

Problem is during lights out the bottom piece of ducting will allow light into my tent...

How do actively exchange the air in my tent with out letting light leak in. Could I just place a pair of tights over the end of the ducting for example or do I even need to be running my extractor fan 24/7 I'm only using cfls a UFO so cools down pretty quick. I do have a little 6" fan inside circulating 24/7 would just that alo e be sufficient during lights out.

Some one please help I dont want to suffocate these girls but also dot want to hermie them due to light leaks.

Also extractor fan off durin lights off would be preferable due to noise whilst trying to sleep... (I'm I. Same room as tent lol)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ps please excuse the crudity of my diagram best I could do in 1 min lol

Attached Files:

2. i dont understand how the light is getting in

3. from the duct running from the cooler? with the cooler closed and tape around the cooler hole holding in the ducting...where is light comming from

4. There realy is no reson for light to be entering unless your ducting is damaged or very thin. For myself i made a box that had and opening at the base and placed it over my fan hole this alows my fan to pull air in and as my home lighting is from above it shadows the base preventing light entering.

5. Hahah dude glad its you. lol cooler is broken man it got trampled on whilst trying to light proof my tent better I lost my footing ( had a smoke before hand) and stumbled backwards on to send melted water and ice packs everywhere.

I figured coz the weather has cooled down so much in the last week I wouldnt bother buying another one just yet got good temps at the moment no need to drop them really. How ever the light coming up through the ducting in now my new problem..... Created sort of curtain around it this evening bur not sure if il restrict air flow coz it's quite a snug fit....

What do you think....

Attached Files:

6. [quote name='"Green feilds"']There realy is no reson for light to be entering unless your ducting is damaged or very thin. For myself i made a box that had and opening at the base and placed it over my fan hole this alows my fan to pull air in and as my home lighting is from above it shadows the base preventing light entering.[/quote]

So your saying if the opening of my ducting is facing the ground the light won't get in and reflect round the ducting, even with my
    Lights on in my room and tv etc..? That'd be good to know...

7. the sheet is a great idea....that will fix the light leak and still allow airflow

8. Nice one man. They've been flowering for 7 days now. Just checked on them after being away for the weekend and my great White shark has little White hairs forming :) must be doing something right.....

How's your crop coming along man?

9. lol...got that right....looking green and healthy....keep it up!!

10. #11 Green feilds, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011

Yes thats correct (you can paint black also to help)

11. [quote name='"Green feilds"']

Yes thats correct (you can paint black also to help)[/quote]

Thanks dude.. Much happier now

12. No probs gl with grow will be looking out for ya

13. [quote name='"Green feilds"']No probs gl with grow will be looking out for ya[/quote]

Thanks man!

14. if you make your ducting longer then you can just spiral it around a little and light wont make it around the curves into the tent.

15. [quote name='"Bullistic"']if you make your ducting longer then you can just spiral it around a little and light wont make it around the curves into the tent.[/quote]

Thanks dude was thinking of upgrading my ducting. The stuff I have isnt that great and I only have a short length of it. So yeah thanks prolly do that!

16. is it not more advantageous to pull through the carbon can as opposed to pushing thru it?