Ventalation woes

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by brokencage, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Ok my new baby's arnt sick.but im having serious isues with my ventalation.im using a 465 cfm squirrel cage exhaust fan.im venting outside thrue a carbon filter.The problem is that iv put negativ presure on the whole house.its pulling hot air down through the walls from the addic and heating the house.I have closed up as many of thease as im able to but long story short im venting the whole damn house.HELP!!!!! i need to get the hot air out of my room but keep the house cool.I live in an extreemly hot area.I had smaller exaust fans but they didnt do the trick.if i exaust into the house ill have the same problem as the house will still heat up.any advise would be most welcome!!

2. you need a large enough diameter intake duct to keep up with that huge CFM fan going to an outside air source, so that your not pulling the air from the house but outside

3. Thanks ganja.I would if outside temps wernt in the lower 90s and rising for the summer.I have decided to.go to 18-6 instead of 24 hours of light.So ill be turning the lights and ventalation off from 10-4 pm.That will give me 6 hourse off during the hotest part of the day.hopfully this will do the trick.temps seem to stay stable during the nght.We will see.

4. I do the same thing , switching to 18-6 & burn at nite when the summer heat arrives
    & also thats the timme of year the choppers start looking for heat signatures here.

I had to use a 4" dryer ducting connected directly at the lites to suck the heat away from the lites before it heats the room , this drop my temps 15F

5. Ya once I recoup from all the expenses iv shelled out so far i plan to get a better hood so I can air cool.It seems to be the best bet for the buck.