Vent help please!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by kodamota, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Hey blades! I need help with the temps in my cab. The measurements are 27'H/35'W/16'D, I have 2 120mm pc fans exhausting and a passive hole where my oscillating fan is but my temps are in the high 80's mid 90's at times. I need help with what kind of blower I need, I can go to lowes or home depo...I wanna try and get it in the next couple days if some one could help me out it would be awesome! Here's pics

Attached Files:

2. what kind of lights are you runnin? what are the temps outside of the cab... this is crucial info

3. [quote name='"gunslinger42"']what kind of lights are you runnin? what are the temps outside of the cab... this is crucial info[/quote]

I'm running right now 4 6500k CFLs, but I want to be able to put 2 more 5000k CFLs, the temps out side the box are low to mid 70's

4. and make sure your intake isnt being blocked up

5. Duct boosters are no different than a pc fan in a tube, avoid axial fans if you want more power. Go to home depot and get a $14 bathroom fan, 50 cfm. Trust me, it will blow away any pc fan or duct booster. Try it and see, return it if you don't like it. 70 cfm was $30 last time I was there, better for a carbon filter I suppose (I don't use them)

6. Interesting, what do you use as light traps? I use cardboard sprayed flat black that has alternating flaps on the inside that stop the light, maybe that is making it harder for air to be pulled in?

7. Could be. Mine's in a cold dark basement so I don't worry much about light leaks but the one I use has a flap that opens when it's on, so maybe a pvc elbow would help.