Vent/Heat/Air Questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Kushqt, May 8, 2011.

1. Alright, so the flower room is about 100 ft. sq. Right now temps are getting up to about 89 degrees with the 1000w on after I just put in a new intake fan. They were in the mid 90s without the intake fan. I also sealed the veg room and flower room from one another, and added another exhaust fan in the veg room which now have temps and humidity in the honey spot.

If I cut two more holes in the ceiling and put in another fan to cool the light so that it is separated from the other exhaust fan. Then I would have one fan pulling air from the attic through the light then back up to the attic. The other fan would be exhausting air out of the room into the carbon filter up in the attic.

Sound good? Any suggestions welcome.

Kushqt :smoke:

2. I would try and pull or, push incoming air for the light from a area that has cooler temps. Use a 6"centrifical(vortec)fan with a 450-500cfm rating with as short a vent pipe run and the least amount of bends for efficiency
    Sometime it is hard to control heat and if you can might be better swapping your grow room around as it would be best to flower at lower temps,,,,;)

3. It's not possible for me to get cool air to cool the light, but if it is sealed off from the rest of the room why does it matter? I have one exhaust fan taking hot air out of the chamber and another exhausting air from the light. That should do it. Any other thoughts?

Kush

4. What temp is the passive "cold air" coming in at.

5. Pretty cool at night when flower lights are running. Down to like 50s or 60s, during day it can get up to the 70s.