Vendors in CA, Medical vs Recreational

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by stxxzy, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Before legalization of recreational use in California, MMJ vendors would typically call or walk into a medical dispensary, ask if they are accepting vendors, give a sample or show them what they have and take it from there. The dispensary will then turn it down, purchase it, or whatever.

Now with all these new laws for recreational marijuana you now have to have cultivation licenses, distribution licenses, etc etc in order to sell your buds to dispensaries for rec use.

So my question is... do you need to have all those licenses if you're offering it to the dispensaries as medical marijuana instead of recreational? Or does it not work like that at all anymore, and the old days of walking into a dispensary and offering your meds for sale dead and gone? I tried doing some light research and couldn't find anything directly relating to this topic. If there already is a discussion about this I apologize and a link to the topic would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

P.S. I'm aware there are probably still plenty of shady shops that will still take whatever from whomever under the table but I'm talking from a more legit standpoint.