Veinal chlorosis?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Johnny_Cool, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Hey again Johnny,

Lookin good man. Seems like you know what your doin with those clones as well as taking care of the malnutrition issue. What did you diagnose it as? How did you fix it? And did it work? As far as that beautiful looking Roadrunner (yes it's capitalized to show respect for that beautiful thing) goes it's honestly really difficult to tell someone online when to chop her down. You need to watch the color of the crystals change from clear/translucent, to a milky white, and later to an amber color. A 20x-30x handheld microscope can do wonders for really getting in there and examining the trichomes. You will want to harvest when the majority of the glands are clear and a few have turned milky white. In my experience this works to accentuate the heady high of a sativa while waiting a bit longer until the trichome heads are starting to turn amber helps deliver a good body stone of an indica. If your unable to obtain a microscope, I would suggest (based off looking at the picture of her) to harvest in the next few days. It looks as if all or most of the pistils have turned red/brown which is a general sign she's about done. Just use good judgement, at this point you can't really mess it up.

Looks good man, let me know if you have more questions/comments.

.:shalom:.

p.s. Remember to flush out nutrients a few days to a week before harvesting and let the soil dry out. This will help the taste of the buds and help them dry out more evenly.

2. Hey man, thanks a lot for getting back again.

I arrived at the malnutrition diagnosis because the Roadrunner was doing fine and the others were doing badly, and the only difference was that the RR had been fed and the others not.

Anyway, seems I went a litle overboard with that plan as I recently diagnosed an overfert problem hehe. I made the assumption that it was cool to give them half nutes with every watering.... I got lazy and didn't check the PPMs every time. I noticed ALL the leaf tips were getting brown and dry on all plants, even on young shoots. When I checked runoff PPMs last night they were at 2600! Anyway, I flushed the crap out of them now, so hopefully that should put a stop to that.

I checked from the breeders info regarding flowering time for the RR, and they suggested 45 days from the first sign of flower, so I figure it needs another week or so at least. The main cola fattened up considerably since this last pic. Nipped an early bud and smoked it at the weekend with my wife. It was apparently a little too strong for her as she took a turn for the worst and declared she needed to go to hospital! lol. Thank goodness we have some valium at the house. The RR is some fairly powerful psychoactive shit, I can vouch for that.

I'll post back soon enough when there's something to report.

Thanks for taking an interest man, take it easy :smoke:

3. Aah, I think I missed your meaning before Shalom. You mean how did I make the most recent diagnosis of malnutrition, not the original one in the earlier posts. Well, as I said, it was an assumption, and a bad one at that. I found something online by Ed Rosenthal which stated the cause to be overfert. I was highly dubious as I had only been giving them half nutes, but lo and behold that was indeed the culprit.

I say, it is great fun this growing business!

4. Nice work man, id just like to say thanks for the follow ups - very educational :), its quite handy being able to see the progress, most just stop replying

5. Yeah, tnx Hyperstream, this is slowly becoming a journal of sorts. In classic stoner fashion I never remember to keep exact records, so I keep finding myself referring back to the dates and photos in this thread.

6. Ahaha, great stuff, im taking daily notes and pictures, if things go good im going to add a journal myself :)