Vegi's Mars Hydro II LED Multi Strain Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Vegi, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Welcome on board dude. Sharing is caring.

Vegi

2. Day 36
    • Strain: Nirvana Seeds Northern Lights Fem Auto
    • Stage: Flower Day 5
    • Nutes: Bio Canna Rhizotonic and Vega
    You can see from the below how I'm managed slowly increasing the water for this Auto in such a large pot;

36. Flower Day 5 - Water.jpg

The temps have been crazy these past few weeks and this really shows just how hot it got in the tent;

36. Flower Day 5 - Temps.jpg

This is my fav though as it initially looks like the light power has been decreasing but its actually the growth of the canopy over the light sensor, a bit of light still getting through showing some penetration.

36. Flower Day 5 - Lights.jpg

The girls getting quite big now and still continuing the LST, plenty of big looking nodes;

36. Flower Day 5 - Overhead.jpg
    36. Flower Day 5 - Plant.jpg

Here's the unfortunate stem of the main accidental toping, but healthy looking stem nodes;

36. Flower Day 5 - Topped.jpg

Close-up of a top;

36. Flower Day 5 - Close Up.jpg

Ladies resting back in their home;

36. Flower Day 5 - Tent.jpg

Vegi
    :love-mj:

• Like Like x 3
  3. OK, so my plant has gone crazy, there's nodes shooting up all over the place! She's clearly loving the LST and I think I might have been really lucky with the main top beheading, haha

Vegi

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Haha, did you mean hollow stems?

Yeah it was weird when I chopped down my last ladies it was so easy as they were all hollow which weirded me out.

Haha

Vegi

• Like Like x 4
  5. Lol yeah I meant hollow. Yeah I heard that before and my best plant all had hollow stems.

4x2 grow tent ( platinum p300 led)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm glad you clarified what you meant. When I read that I was scratching my head and was like, "WTF? Halo streams? What kinda dank is Paulie smokin?" Hahahah

• Like Like x 4
  7. Vegi, how can I get my journal details to come up after each post in green like yours?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Hey Paulie,

Yeah I recall one place saying something like that, another saying that it's to do with the natural capillary action of the plant.

This is a weird one as a lot of stuff I've read seems to find its a gene trait based on the strain and only positive. Seems like mixed messages all around and I don't think anyone can 100% say whether it's a good or bad thing to have it.

All I know dude, is that whether hollow or not, my previous ladies and this current one seems to be healthy and growing well, guess that's all that matters bro.

Vegi

P.s. I should really do an update haha

Sent from an outer space intergalactic dimension 100 light years away...

• Like Like x 2
  9. You should yeah, building up suspense like this...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Haha, i wish, don't think there's anyone around who follows this, lol.

To be brutally honest I've been really lazy and the fact the pot is so large with the lady I can't really get her out the tent now; I hate taking pics with the tent and LED light prefer the natural light to take pics.

Also a bit, meh, with this strain of NL, I'm only growing for the generic bud as my last was a bit too po to smoke everyday, but its just not cut it. It's getting to the amber hair stage and there's still not alot of frost or weight/bulk to the bud. Not sure if its an Auto thing or just my growing.

Will give it a while and hoping it bulks up closer to cull but not holding out much hope...

Think I might retract my earlier statement and may try another four grow next but with four completely different strains. Really enjoyed the reg last grow I did.

Vegi

• Like Like x 4
  11. I know what you mean about people watching threads.Where da fuck did everyone go? Same on mine too. Hope you're alright anyway. Peace

• Like Like x 3
  12. All good bro thanks for checking in. Your latest grow is looking crazy good!

Vegi

• Like Like x 2
  13. I'd send you some seeds Vegi but it is frowned upon apparently, plus they're all genetics you can get yourself anyways. Feeling these fastbuds at the minute if you're looking for a good auto? New Gorrilla glue one is next on list for me,although I just popped a Dutch passion think different for now...

• Like Like x 4
  14. No worries mate, I got so many freebies at the moment I need to get through them before I've even touched the legit GDP haha

I've never really been impressed with my last Nirvana NL grows and I guess I was just clutching at pure luck to see that maybe this it would be different in a new tent, under better light with a more experienced Vegi but nah, didn't work. Defo think its the genetics of this NL.

Also not disregarding that I topped and forced it to flower early (could be that too?).

As it gets cooler I'll defo be trying the legit GDP so hopefully that will be an amazing grow.

Vegi

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. I've topped every auto I've done on day 10ish,no problems.Vegis was an accidental topping that was too severe, but they do recover, just fucks up there vegging time if done wrong by stunting. It's a shame, because I wanted to see how big an Auto would grow in a 30l pot,but guess I will wait till you bust open your 'Premo' genetics...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Agree - my main concern was her turning hermie, so the fact she hasn't (yet) is a relief but I do think this Auto NL strain just isn't that great overall. It's the fourth time trying and crop yield just isn't great.

She's very big for a single 30L pot but I remember when I bought this strain initially I only had a micro grow and specifically chose this strain as I knew it would be small and low smell.

Will try a reg in the pot some time defo tho bro.

Vegi

• Like Like x 3
  17. My NL auto turned out great, just can't remember at the moment if it was Nirvana. I'll go back to my thread and review!