Vegi's DIY Cree COB Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Vegi, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Yeah that makes sense.

Had it been all three I'd say ok it's me doing something clearly wrong. But just this one makes me think something slightly overdone like watering and maybe nutes meant it's affected it.

Thanks bro.

Sent from the U.S.S. Discovery

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yah like that one might not be a heavy feeder or something like that. I hope it grows out of it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. It's weird bro, like every grow I feel like I'm nearly there on a routine and then there's always something going wrong that keeps you on your toes! Ha

Sent from the U.S.S. Discovery

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I know what you mean man. If it was easy everyone would do it right!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Day 34
    • Stage: Flower Day 9
    • Strain:
      • Fast Buds Dream'Matic Auto
      • Fast Buds Mystery Auto
      • Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise
    • Feed:
      • Plant Magic Biosilicon
      • Plant Magic Bloom
      • Plant Magic BioWetter
      • Unsulphured Molasses
      • Epsom Salt
      • Distilled Malt Vinegar (pH down)
    Stats

34. Flower Day 9 - Stats.jpg

These were all taken yesterday, and before you ask, they're all a bit droopy as the pics were pre-watering, all perked up now.

I've tried to take comparison shots so you can see the different between them all.

I think I got the Flower day wrong so have kinda re-calibrated the dates.

Dream'Matic

34. Flower Day 9 - Dream'Matic.jpg

Dream'Matic & Sunrise

34. Flower Day 9 - Dream'Matic & Sunrise.jpg

Mystery added to the front

34. Flower Day 9 - All.jpg

Canopy

34. Flower Day 9 - Canopy.jpg

I did a bit of defoliation on the undergrowth. I know defoliation is a bit controversial by some but I always do a bit particularly as its just about to hit flower. These Autos were really bushing up and with my small constrained space I always find it helps to add air flow and get those small branches with access to light.

34. Flower Day 9 - Branches.jpg

These plants had some real big fan leaves.

Peace,

Vegi
    :rave-girl:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Day 42
    • Stage: Flower Day 17
    • Strain:
      • Fast Buds Mystery Auto
    • Feed:
      • Plant Magic Bloom
      • Plant Magic BioWetter
      • Plant Magic PK
      • Unsulphured Molasses
      • Epsom Salt
    Stats

42. Flower Day 17 - Stats.jpg

Cooling down a bit here now, but still quite warm. :confused_2:

Here's the tent, they're not as tall as I would've liked as my other grow was hitting the lights.

42. Flower Day 17 - Tent.jpg
    42. Flower Day 17 - Plants.jpg
    42. Flower Day 17 - Canopy.jpg

The mystery fast buds has had some deficiency throughout the grow, I really don't know what it is and why she's been so fussy as the others haven't. I've kinda given up on trying to fix it now and just gonna ride her out, the other two have been fine.

Dream'Matic

42. Flower Day 17 - Dream'Matic.jpg

BS

42. Flower Day 17 - Sunrise.jpg

Peace

Vegi

• Like Like x 4
  7. OK. So a bit of an update.

The Mystery grow had been showing bad signs which I kinda gave up on and wanted to ride out. The guys in the thread suggested salt build up or Phosphorus so I've flushed all three.

I always feed Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulphate) in flowering to reduce yellowing but I also now feed Plant Magic PK.

With both excess Mag and P, whilst the Dream'Matic and the BS have been fine with it, it could have built up in the Mystery and/or about to explode in the others.

Felt like I have this window to flush so decided to bite the bullet and do it. Nothing to lose I guess.

Once they're dry, next feed will be water, molasses (to break down the remaining salts) and strictly just the bloom feed (reduced).

• Like Like x 4
  8. When in doubt flush it out . Your plants will probably be thanking you for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  9. Day 48
    • Stage: Flower Day 23
    • Strain:
      • Fast Buds Mystery Auto
    • Feed:
      • Plant Magic Bloom
    Stats

48. Flower Day 23 - Stats.jpg

So after flushing I got epic yellowing over the past two days, feels like all the remaining N that might've been in the soil has just evaporated.

Not taking any chances with over feeding now, so just water and a reduced amount of bloom nutes.

48. Flower Day 23 - Canopy.jpg

The mystery is at the front and you can see just how bad she is. Alot of browning, curling and crinkling.

After taking this pic alot of the browning and yellowing leaves were removed.

Mystery

48. Flower Day 23 - Mystery.jpg

It's a shame the leaves are this bad because the smell is just unreal! She smells really good and the hairs are just so thick and white. Incredible frosting too.

BS

48. Flower Day 23 - Brooklyn.jpg

This one has the best colour to her, leaves and stems just starting to purple slightly. Frosting along nicely.

Dream'Matic

48. Flower Day 23 - Dream.jpg

This one's been the easiest I'd say, not much done to her tbh, she's also the tallest of the three.

Still a bit of moisture in the soil left so post-flush won't be feeding/watering for at least a day.

Peace,

Vegi

• Like Like x 4
  10. Day 50
    • Stage: Flower Day 25
    • Strain:
      • Fast Buds Mystery Auto
    • Feed:
      • Plant Magic Bloom
    Stats

50. Flower Day 25 - Stats.jpg

First feed post flushing, loads of leaves yellow'd and fell away, but looks like the water has bulked the bud slightly. Fed today with just Bloom nutes at less than what Plant Magic prescribes.

Here's the ladies today.

Dream'Matic

She's the tallest and largest of the three, still reckon she could bulk up a bit. Hairs just starting to turn orange.

50. Flower Day 25 - Dream'Matic.jpg
    50. Flower Day 25 - Dream'Matic Top.jpg

Brooklyn Sunrise

She's just slightly shy of the DM, but has nice bud and smell to her.

50. Flower Day 25 - BS.jpg
    50. Flower Day 25 - BS Top.jpg

Here's a comparison of the two, so you can see how large they both are.

50. Flower Day 25 - Both.jpg

No training on any of the plants this time, first time I've ever just left them to be.

Mystery

So here's the ill runt of the litter.

50. Flower Day 25 - Mystery.jpg
    50. Flower Day 25 - Mystery Top.jpg

It's a real shame I got something wrong on this one because her bud is just amazing. Real thick fluffy hairs, plenty of frost and the smell is just unreal.

Reckon a couple of weeks left on all three.

Peace,

Vegi

• Like Like x 4
  11. I've always been put off by growing Autos.

My first was a lucky high yield but completely fluffy bud.

My second lot of Auto's were all small, bushy and not alot of bud.

But this grow has kinda given me some belief that you can get semi-decent bud from Auto's.

I think it's convinced me I gotta get an Auto grow right, and having read and seen some of the beasts on AFN I think it's made me wanna get at least a decent Auto grow done.

• Like Like x 4
  12. I had a few decent autos but nothing like a fem or regular plant. (Autos from back when) DSC_0022.JPG DSCN6149.JPG DSCN6115.JPG DSCN6213.JPG DSCN6342.JPG DSCN6345.JPG DSCN6177.JPG DSC_0014.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I didn't go anywhere bro. I'm still with you! Mostly the pics look better than they ended up when cured. Some of them never got tight buds and were fluffy bullshit. That's why I gave up on them. Most of them liked light feed but some liked regular feed. Too finicky and small for me! I only got 4 oz from the good ones and with fems or regs I get more like 10-11 oz. average.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I didn't go anywhere bro. I'm still with you! Mostly the pics look better than they ended up when cured. Some of them never got tight buds and were fluffy bullshit. That's why I gave up on them. Most of them liked light feed but some liked regular feed. Too finicky and small for me! I only got 4 oz from the good ones and with fems or regs I get more like 10-11 oz. average for the same time and effort

15. I don't know why it posted twice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Idk if it’s just me but I’m not impressed with these Brooklyns at all. Unless if they start packing on weight in the next ten days, I don’t see my grow giving me more than maybe an ounce and a half tops? I am stoked to see how yours come out though.

• Like Like x 3
  17. To be fair the BS I have has been similar to all the other Autos I've grown, stocky and bushy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Watered and fed.

Definitely feels like the flush and lowered Bloom nutes only has helped, but think those damaged leaves on the Mystery will remain.

They all have some great smells going and getting very frosty and big now. Still hoping for a bit more bulk but who knows.

A few weeks now I reckon.

• Like Like x 3
  19. It was blueberry juice on my fingers when I checked the buds. I spread out he buds on the sides of the colas so they don't rot in the middle. Tonight the smell on my fingers was fresh blueberries. Not a similar scent, real blueberries. They're gonna turn colors! Purple girls. Orange lighter! Haa! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3