Vegi's DIY Cree COB Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Vegi, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Hey vegi hows your last crop smoking? Did you get a tangerine smelling pheno?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Oh hey man, yes I did, great reminder for me to do a smoke report!

Tangerine Dream

This has a very nice citrus type smell. I read other reviews of this strain and it referred to a specific tangerine odour but I got more an orange type smell rather than lemon. Not gonna lie, of the three this has probably the best smoke but I think that's because I harvested at just the right time. Great high, but not too much to kick you back.

Strawberry Cough

This one surprised me how much yield I got, it was the one which hit the light and got a bit burnt. It actually has a strawberry smell, but more like the fake, sweets smell you get from strawberry sweets like laces (if that makes sense). It's not as strong as the Tangerine and I'm not sure if that's to do with the burn, but this is becoming my regular go to smoke. Get's you high and tastes great.

Candy Kush

OK, so this one is nuts. It was the frostiest of the three, the colours were great and the smell is insane. Again, has a real sweet shop smell to it. This one was crazy frosty and does come across in the high, man it really packs a punch! Think this one is my 'special celebration' smoke, lol. You gotta really plan for the smoke cos it will knock you back.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Who knew that hurricane Florence was a boy? Haa! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. the name gave it away haha

• Like Like x 3
  5. Trannycane Florence

• Like Like x 1
  6. Day 20
    • Stage: Vegetation Day 18
    • Strain:
      • Fast Buds Dream'Matic Auto
      • Fast Buds Mystery Auto
      • Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise
    • Feed:
      • Plant Magic Root Stimulant
      • Plant Magic Biosilicon
      • Plant Magic Veg Boost
      • Plant Magic MagneCal+
      • Plant Magic Evolution (Foliar)
      • Distilled Malt Vinegar (pH down)
    Stats
    20. Veg Day 18 - Stats.jpg

OK, so here they are. I think I started the veg nutes just slightly soon as the early leaves have some nute burn but adjusted the mix now.

20. Veg Day 18 - Plants.jpg

Really bushy more than tall. Still loads of height to gain!

20. Veg Day 18 - Tent.jpg

Peace,

Vegi
    :rave-girl:

• Like Like x 4
  7. Day 25
    • Stage: Vegetation Day 13
    • Strain:
      • Fast Buds Dream'Matic Auto
      • Fast Buds Mystery Auto
      • Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise
    • Feed:
      • Plant Magic Root Stimulant
      • Plant Magic Biosilicon
      • Plant Magic Veg Boost
      • Plant Magic MagneCal+
      • Plant Magic Evolution (Foliar)
      • Distilled Malt Vinegar (pH down)
    Stats
    25. Veg Day 23 - Stats.jpg

OK, so my plants are still quite squat and bushy. Seeing a few guys already shooting pistils and none of mine are so not sure if I should be worried or not?

It's hard to grasp size of each plant when they're all crammed in the tent so took some individual pics this time.

Brooklyn Sunrise

25. Veg Day 23 - Brooklyn Sunrise.jpg

Fast Buds Mystery

25. Veg Day 23 - Mystery.jpg

Dream'Matic

25. Veg Day 23 - Dream'Matic.jpg

They're definitely bushing up and there's loads of shoots now. First time I've ever grown and not done any training whether LST or HST, so feels kinda weird not mucking about with them, lol.

25. Veg Day 23 - Plants.jpg

And one from the height of the light so you can see how little height they've taken up.

25. Veg Day 23 - Tents.jpg

Peace,

Vegi
    :rave-girl:

• Like Like x 4
  8. nice, I gotta start thinking about them autos...I have 2 seeds of each left dreamatic and sunrise. I tried outdoors but no luck. looking good vegi!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jan I'll pop the ones I have left hope for the best.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yeah I've never really been convinced by Autos, they've always grown small and bushy, but this time I thought I'd give them a go.

Hoping they're super quick and double in size but ain't started flowering yet.

Looking forward to the finished product.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. #711 Paulie73, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Hey vegi I noticed from the pictures that some of the foliage looks puffy and a little twisted. That could be a few things but I think the main cause for that is high ph. Whatever it is it’s probably why your not seeing the same growth as the others in height and maturity. Maybe it will work itself out.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Oh yeah man there's definitely something up. I don't think it's pH this time as I've been testing each feed.

I think it might be the fact that it's 24h light, it's too intense and the heat.

It's weird one of the plants is absolutely fine. One has curled edges. But the mystery has real crinkly, curled edge and hard leaves.

Vegi

Sent from the U.S.S. Discovery

• Like Like x 1
  13. Plus, Autos are weird man, haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. My mysteries are on 24hr light to mate and seem to be doing ok ?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Then I'm out of ideas, lol. Tested the pH and it's showing around 6.5

When I dialled back the light and turned on the fan to blow over them it seems to have reduced it.

Not sure now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sometimes slight over watering can cause puffy foliage. 6.5 is perfect
    Was your mix at 6.5 or was that your soil at 6.5.

• Like Like x 1
  17. You might be right on that. Early on I think I did start the water and feed a bit too early this time.

• Like Like x 2
  18. yep they are mutant freaks to begin with....I've seen some Jurassic park shit while growing autos.

• Like Like x 2
  19. So this is the other signs the plant has been showing. It's on the older leaves and this is the only plant of the three showing issues.

Issues.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. It kind of looks like and from what you say that maybe you over feed and the plant locked up and slowed it’s water intake and caused to be over watered. Maybe let it dry up good before watering again. Does that go along with what your thinking?

• Like Like x 1