Vegging

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JHerrer Fan, Jan 22, 2013.

1. I've seen lots of plants vegging about 12 inches from light. Is this necessary?

2. It really depends on your lights and how well you can cool your setup.

With a MH you'll have to stay about 12" away due to the amount of heat it puts out, but my 400W HPS in air-cooled tube can get much closer than that.

CFLs should never be more than a few inches a way.

3. Always try to keep your plants as close to your lights as possible. Just be sure they don't burn! Something you should check about every day.

4. I keep my veg light 6 in or less from the tops is t5 with 4 bulbs and flower is 15 in from tops air cooled 1000 watt

You loose less light the closer they are to the plants which means more plant and that's a good thing lol

Sent from iPhone 5

5. Ya. I got a 600 hps/mh but its sitting at the bottom. I can adjust my temp fine. Ill fix tonight. What's the purpose?

6. What's the purpose ? Of what

Sent from iPhone 5

7. I understand you lose light the farther they are but my plants about 2-3 weeks behind. Wondering if this could be the cause.

8. Most likely heat , water , and lighting are quick set backs you can't get back

Sent from iPhone 5

9. I had a heat issue at first and over rather soon after so I lost a week

10. All comes with time and this site will help

Sent from iPhone 5

11. It has been. My plants are rolling now. Went from 2 nodes to 10 in 3-4 days. It was awesome.

12. Yep when everything is good they grow fast

Sent from iPhone 5

13. Ill try bringing the light down. I'm kinda scared of doing that but ok

14. You should be able to get a six hundred like 12 inches away if its air cooled then 15 to 20 if not

If you put your hand above the top and its not bad then your plants will be ok

Sent from iPhone 5

15. a good rule of thumb is to put your hand under the light and if it's hot it's a little to close