Vegging using a 8000k led aquarium lamp

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by icedweed, May 12, 2018.

1. What would it be like to veg weed under an 8000k aquarium light?

I know they grow the coral well under water but I can't find anything on the Internet of any examples of people growing plants under a 8000k light.

I understand we veg plants and weed under 6500k lights but what would 8000k be like? I assume it wouldn't be much difference and might make them stretch a bit more?
    Screenshot_2018-05-12-22-15-35.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If you end up buying I’d like to see a journal for experimental reasons

3. Yh man I will definitely do a journal on it when I get around to setting it up over this autumn/winter I'll try and grow a couple of cactus and a Venus fly trap under it for a tester the light is only 18w so if it's not powerful enough I'll get another so I have 36w but if I can get away with just 18w I'll be happy because I want some hi g economical aswell and I have a feeling it will work OK. But as I said I won't be setting it up yet this autumn winter.

Want to know if anyone had expirience growing plants with 8000k using led florencent tube or other lighting????

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I have heard sunlight is 10000K, so 8K should work. Maybe not alone but its sure to cause a positive reaction regardless.

5. FWIW.

Attached Files:

6. For most parts of the earth, its 4000K-5000K depending on season, time of day and weather conditions. At the equator it can get a bit higher - 6000K or so.

7. 4000K is great for veg, for flower you want 2700-3000K. It's all about the proper spectrum (and obviously a lot more but spectrum is huge) for the period of growth you're in.

8. Yeah I know thats the conventional wisdom. I've been flowering under 4000K since I started and I've been doing fine BUT - I don't have anything to compare that to. I've started a new run, I may switch to 3000K for the flowering and see if there much difference

9. I ran a kessil blue and Viper MH on my first grow. It was ehhh.

Reef lights are high in blue spectrum because of how light penetrates water. It's not ideal for cannabis which needs more red especially in flower.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

10. I could see flowering in 4000K being okay, but since switching to 2700K I have noticed way less vertical growth and more bud development and it's only been a few days.

11. It all works together in my opinion.

12. From what I've seen I have to disagree