Vegging Under CFL Softwhitex2 Daylightx2 25w, Problems!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dopefish905, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Hey Grasscity!

I started a CFL grow about a month ago in soil. so far the plant is 14inches high looking good, but i was vegging it under 2 softwhite CFL and 2 Daylight CFL 25watters. My question is should i take the soft white cfls out? would they trigger early flower even though its on a 18/6 light rotation(veg), would they do any harm? Just wondering if i have anything to worry about by keeping the softwhite's amongst the daylights during veg stage.

If anyone could lend some info it would be a great help.

THX! :smoke:

2. sigh...No a mix spectrum is a good thing if properly adjusted. People mix lights all the time even I do. Red stretches while blue stacks on healthy greens and keeps it low and bushy. Use it to assist your growth. And no it doesn't induce flowering by using the soft white,. Though if you have more red than blue then def add in some more 6500-5500k bulbs. CFL's grow nice lighter fluffy weed. Adding more blue during flowering can help make it a little more dense but I like using the MH for about a few weeks and switching back to HPS. I am sure you should know the lighting cycle that induces flowering is 12/12. Just to mimic the seasons change. And one month and 14 inches tall is about right though I want to see if your main stems stretched. Upload a picture and we can assist your first grow better.

APZ

3. #3 dopefish905, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
    Here are some photos, they're not the best(taken on a iphone) Like i said it's about 15inches tall and 1month old. Im using Miracle-Gro potting soil and Plant food, with some wormcasing firts mixed in. It has some brown on the lower fan leaves from a Nute burn, but i flushed and it seems to be enjoying a weaker solution. This is My first CFL grow with bagseed weed and im not taking it to serious, moving into a new house in a few months where ill be running a HPS/MH DWC Bucket setup. Any info or comments are always welcome freinds!

thx again

Attached Files: