Vegging Time

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HeMadeMeDoIt, Dec 28, 2008.

1. I grow purple kush in soil. I always start the clones in those red beer cups for 2 weeks of 18/6 before I switch them to 2 gallon pots for 8 weeks of 12/12. I use Gen Hydro food and I do 2 food and 1 water then use finisher in the last two weeks like overdrive. I also spray ocean magic twice a week and keep ph between 5.8-6.2.

Heres the question: If I vegged for longer will I get a better yield? Also would I be able to still vegg in those 500ml beer cups or will the girls get root bound? Last but not least will the plants be too big for the room if I vegged them that long the ceiling in my grow room is only about 7 feet and I have those round shades that tke up a lot of space.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

2. Yes, if you veg longer the more yield you will get, otherwords the more nodes, the larger the harvest (depending on light, pot size and conditions)
    Yes, you will need bigger pots.
    If you are growing an indica strain you could veg for give or take 2 months (with 7' high minus the shade, pot and light clearense), 6 week would probably be ideal.
    Hope that helps

3. Thank you it does. Another question for you :D

Will the plants be so big that I will a lot fewer plants for the sme size room or can i just do the number?
    I veg with a 1000w white light on mover. Is that sufficient?

4. You havent given us the full size of your room and amount of plants, but it would be practial to have less plants if you are going to veg the plants for longer.
    Although, i'm presuming you are growing SOG, and i would not recommend any further veg time.

5. #5 HeMadeMeDoIt, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
    Pardon me. I'm a newbie here.

I have 5x1000w lights. Two lights for each 8x4 table and one more on a mover for a 5x4 table. Would I have to use buckets for the flowering cycle if I veg for 6 weeks or will the 1 gallon pots still work?

I veg in another room using a 1000w MH in cups on an 8x4 table

6. My knee jerk reaction is yes you would need a bigger pot, but since your setup is what it is, maybe you can set a plant aside and veg it longer than you normally would and see for sure? If it turns out you need bigger pots, you could always try grow bags to save space if needed.

7. How many plants to a table?
    Are you growing SOG (Sea Of Green)?

8. 55 and yes. Yield is uually 4.5 lbs

9. Actually the bag sounds like a good idea. Do you have any idea what sizes they come in? If I veg for longer than two weeks I'm going to have chop the legs off the tables

10. Somewhat similar but i get a crop every 8 weeks. I start from clones that I veg for 2 weeks during the last 2 weeks of bloom in another room,

11. The size of the pot depends on the size you want the plant to be. Should be about 1/2 gallon for each foot of height you want. BTW, that comes from http://www.geocities.com/quickgrowguide/ not experience.

Sounds like you've got a nice setup, hope it goes well for ya