Vegging outdoors and then shifting indoors for flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by regularpotoker, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Hey,

I just got 3 seeds from greenhouse seeds. 2 white widow and 1 kalshnikova. And I have a plant flowering right now. The plant is kept indoors and I have space only for one plant in my house. I want to grow the other 3 plants as well. So I was thinking about keeping them on my terrace and letting them veg for 30-45 days under direct sunlight and then shift them indoors and turn 12/12 for flowering. Is this advisable? I need ideas please, thank you

2. Yeah I'll do this to. I'm sure it would be fine. :) If it's a really sunny day then I put my plant outside for a few hours. I'm sure MJ would like the sun better than your/are veg light's. :p

3. You in the northern hemishpere? If so I wouldn't keep outdoors past say 30 days or they'll flower when mature.......least till mid-late may when hours of light get longer.

4. Oh should of said this. Yeah I don't even think it would make flower if it was put outside now, my weather has been wet for a few days with literally no direct sunlight.

5. Huh?

Canna flowers depending on LACK of light..aka dark period. So yeah, if you're in the northern hemisphere and you set out mature plants before mid may...... they're gonna flower.

Weather and direct sunlight only effect growth rates. Those factors have no bearing on maturity, sex of plant or when she flowers.

6. I know all that though, thanks anyway :)

This is what I meant. The weather here is so bad I don't think MJ (especially young plant's) would be able to handle the terrible weather. no question's about it, if I had a plant out side now, with good draining soil, it would have at the least root rot. Unless something was built but not all can do this.

:smoking:

7. Ohhhh ..

My original post was to the OP......

8. Generally saying is it a good idea? And I live in the Eastern hemisphere?

9. #10 mjmama25, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
    How will you have room to flower 3 plants indoors later if you don't have room to grow 3 plants in your house> I'm confused what your plan is. Are you going to grow one plant outdoors now while your one plant is flowering indoors, then flower your new plant indoors when the first one is done? Or are you trying to find a way to grow all 3 of the new plants at the same time even though you don't have room for them.

Why not finish your current plant now. Then when the weather is better start your 3 seeds, and flower one out right away when its big enough, and grow out the other 3 outdoors and let them flower on their own in the fall.