Vegging deficiency

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DankIsland, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Hi all!

I've been growing for about 8 years now. My grow is in a perpetual cycle. I have 3 rooms - mother/clone, veg, and flower. About 25% of my plants are showing unhealthy slowed growth.

Average room temps:
    Mother room 75 F
    Veg room 75 F
    Flower room - ranges between on/off - high 85 F / low 65 F

Average Humidity:
    Mother room 75%
    Veg room 75%
    Flower room 40% - 50%

Nutes:
    Using VegBloom line:
    Veg Bloom Dirty full cycle from rooted clone to flower.
    Vegging additive Life. Flower additive Shine.

Soil Mix:
    Promix cube with 40% added perlite.
    I usually only add about 25% to 30% perlite to one cube of promix but instead I added more for faster
    drainage and to promote faster root growth. Please note: before using less perlite in the soil mix I did not have this problem. I do not use saucers. Water drains freely from pots.

I've never checked my ph and never had any problems for years! (only recently changed to VegBloom. I used to grow no till with worms - filtered water only)

Watering:
    I water my Flowering plants every two days and my Vegging plants every 3 - 4 days roughly.

One thought is that I may be overwatering a bit and that may have caused some of the plants to enter a lockout stage causing deficiencies.
    Or adding the extra perlite with a lower amount of soil is off balancing the VegBloom nutrients. Basically, some nutrients out of the mix is flowing through and some is staying within the soil so its not balanced for the plants uptake.
    Or roots systems could be to small entering flower?

Any help and opinions on my situation is much appreciated! :)
    IMG_2652.jpg IMG_2650.jpg IMG_2651.jpg

2. U might have the virus u have been growing for a while and u would have fixed this normally right? MACtheman knows about this. Hopefully he sees this

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I would move it away from other plants for now to someone diagnoses this

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes. I would have fixed the problem normally. Never had this issue before. Only thing I've changed is more perlite to Promix ratio. Thanks for the info!

5. Any info/experience on how to treat the virus?

6. Yes. I would have fixed the problem normally. Never had this issue before. Only thing I've changed is more perlite to Promix ratio. Thanks for the info!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Put up a new post and say I think I have the virus?? Mactheman can u take a look?

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok I sent him a message and put a post on a reply he did

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hope I'm wrong Bud

• Like Like x 1
  10. it certainly looks like a virus mate ,,,,,unfortunately you cant do any thing at all to get rid of a virus ,,like' Papa Puff' as already said keep it away from the other plants ,,if you touch the plant with your hands ,scissors, ,knife,etc wash your you hands and any thing you touched plant with ,,you'll get buds from it ,,but the yeild maybe down ,,,i usually scrape the plant ,,,burn it if you can cuz the virus could spread to any other plants you have inside or out , heres some pictures of virus in cannabis ,,,,,,mac,, 512365378e031d0b8760aa0b6b9b54ed3392f0a3.jpg images (4).jpg download (2).jpg

11. Damn I was right! Thanks Mac u da man

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thank you guys! Really appreciate the help! I will remove the infected plants from my garden and after harvest I will remove all plants and wiped down my rooms. Hopefully that solves my problem! :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 waktoo, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. @waktoo
    No, I've been growing only from seed and being using the same top girl cuts for about 1 year now

15. #15 waktoo, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2018
    Well, there are several ways to bring mites into one's garden. They don't just come in on cuts...

I found this product several years ago when I thought I was having TMV issues. I don't know how much the kits cost (you have to sign in to view prices), but you could certainly eliminate/confirm TMV as the culprit...

ImmunoStrip® for Tobacco mosaic virus (TMV)