veggies in grow room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bmeat, Dec 4, 2012.

1. hey guys. is it a bad idea to put some veggies/herbs in my grow room? im thinking about growing some tomato and basil or dill in the room with my cannabis plants, since i have the lights on anyway.

2. I would add more light for said plants but you don't need to worry about pollenation if that was your concern

3. #4 bmeat, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
    sweet! i found some basil seeds in my garage and i plan to grow a minature spinach and cherry tomato plant as well.

how do the fruiting plants work? are they like cannabis and flower depending on the light cycle, or do they just have go to through a certain amount of days like an autoflower strain?

4. how much energy do you think a cherry tomato plant eats up? how about a basil plant?

i ask becuase i only have ~150 watts and i want two cannabis plants, the tomato and the basil in the same rig.

i am reflecting my light as efficiently as possible. will these two plants slow the growth of my cannabis?

5. #6 jacktheknife, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
    Gentlemen,

Y'all I remember {before my 1974 International Harvester tiller wore out...Sniff} when small tomatoes, peppers, bedding plants, were 3 or even 4 for a dollar! The last time I wanted some bedding plants they cost $1.50 each~!
    Two dozen Celebrity tomatoes, two dozen Roma tomatoes, and a dozen and a half of five different peppers, not to mention everything else can cost more than the garden is worth.

I have been thinking about growing bedding plants for a long time. First I need a new tiller... Tillers have gone up from $262. to $1,400. so give me another year or two; but gardening is in my blood and love it. Just hearing the old idea mentioned here {thank you...} has inspired me to finish the yard terracing and move on to the garden. I used to have a really good garden 100' x 30' and fenced in too; and grew 1400 onions one year! Thanks for reminding me of how important Gardening is in life. I am disabled and money... {whats that?} but I will work on getting a new tiller, putting it at the #3-4 place on my 'to do list'.

Thank you...

Jack the Knife
    and Dukedog...

6. You've seen pics of my grow room, I've got all kinds of random plants mixed in along the sides. If you can, I would build a small shelf for your herbs, like the basil, so they don't get over shadowed by your Cannabis when they get bigger. Once I wall mine in, that's what I plan on doing. Also, my sweet basil seems to do just fine in my kitchen window, so if you run out of room, that's an option too.

7. tomato and basil did great in my grow room.

jack, i hope youre growing strong!!