Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Veggie oil extraction?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by pyeinthesky, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Hi there, I'm new to the forums but I have a few questions about cooking with pot-oil that never seem to get answered whenever I ask them.

SO I thought I'd give it a try here. :D

Basically I recently moved to an apartment complex with what seem to be paper thin walls. I've tried smoking/vaporizing but both methods leave me SUPER paranoid about the neighbors smelling something - which really kills the buzz when every little bump from downstairs or next door turns into what sounds like a knock on my door. :devious:

So here I sit with about an ounce of decent herbage, but no way to enjoy it... EXCEPT maybe cooking it! (why not? it's not doing any good sitting around. right? lol)

So I've been reading up on canna-butter and oil extraction methods, and the downside I'm finding is that both put out a lot of smell. I'd prefer to use veggie oil, and I've heard that ~200 degrees in a pyrex or corning ware dish in the oven produces the least amount of smell (followed by crock pot, then by stove top.)
    I can only imagine how pungent it is though, any tips on this side of things?

I've also been thinking about maybe just soaking the herb in oil for about a month, shaking it up a few times a day - That method worked pretty good when I made green dragon, but then again alchohol is seemingly much less viscous than oil.

Does anyone think this would work?
    And then there's the question of it's potency compared to other methods...

And -assuming all goes to plan with everything else- there's it's actual use in cooking. Does it throw off a ton of smell when used in brownies and what not?
    I smell my neighbors Mexican food all the time through the walls. :rolleyes:

Like if smell was a scale of 0-100, (0 being absolutely nothing, 25 being the residual smell of someone smoking there recently, 50 being someone JUST smoked a J, 75 being a few smokers in the house, and the 100 being a full house can't see 3" in front of your face clam bake) how would these things rate?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give! Hopefully I'll be experimenting and posting results in a little bit! :hello: