Vegetarianism

Discussion in 'General' started by HippiesRule420, May 31, 2009.

1. ^pretty much my thoughts exactly.

bunnies make excelent stew...

2. I'm (semi- now) vegetarian not because I love animals, but because I fucking hate plants. hahaha.

Nah, actually the main reason is that carnivores typically have a straight, short digestive track and meat goes through their system quickly. Herbivores have a long, coiled digestive track and plant food is bulky with a lot of fiber which pushes its way through. Lol.

Omnivores need nutrients found in meat or animal products (these are also found in some plant-sources, but they have to be actively sought and consumed) but a lot of fiber (fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains) to push out waste.

Our teeth and other biological factors also show we need a high-plant omnivorous diet.

If one is an active vegetarian that pays attention to their diet then I believe they are healthier in general, but individuals who consume a proportionate amount of animal products, avoiding unhealthy cuts etc... can be just as healthy.

I am pescetarian because I don't have the time or money to moniter my diet that closely, and because I want the omega-3s for healthy brain developement. [:

3. Search Button.

4. for realz there is another thread about this every fucking week.

5. good for you.

6. #27 Cheifmaster, May 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
    Vegetarians are fuckin stupid plain an simple. Think about it

We have members stating that they're vegetarians and you just called them "fuckin stupid"...disrespect doesn't float here. You're already in the red with your rep and you have less than 20 posts. I wouldn't push it. *RMJL

7. if that's not ignorant, idk what is :rolleyes:

plain and simple, think about it

8. I eat kitty cats and human babies and bunny rabbits.

But those cows man. They just look at you. With those eyes. I just can't bear to eat beef.

9. #30 DemonChild, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
    Vegetarianism is all fine as a life style choice, but Vegans tend to be preachy and judgemental and that is as bad as Straight Edgefor annoyence factor. But this whole "environmentally freindly" (free-range/Organic) farming is bullshit. How is free-range/organic food healthier when Salmonella infection rates in free-range and organic chickens have been found to be higher to those produced in typical poultry production houses. Same goes for Trychinosis in free-range Pigs, and insect carried disease in Organic fruits and vegetables.

The major culprit in "eco damaging" farming is beef, it is also the least healthy of the meats in terms of cholesterol. So if you want a healthier, more "eco-friendly" diet cut beef out of your diet. Unfortunately it is also the least expensive meat on the market (ground beef) and there for the most eaten food in America. Poor people have a hard time eating a healthy "eco-friendly" diet as fresh Produce as well as Chicken and Pork are much more expensive than ground beef. Chickens and Pigs have a much smaller "carbon footprint" than Cows. Also on a related note, Farmed Fish are also healthier for you, and friendlier to the environment than wild caught fish. if you want to be eco friendly in your diet be informed. Farm does not equal Bad.

10. I am Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, and have been since 1988. I have been thinking about giving it up recently though, I'm honestly afraid of how my body would react to be honest.

This is 100% true. There are too many threads on this topic, but each and every one of them seems to end badly.

Because of comments like this one.

That's a pretty broad and sweeping statement there. Prejudiced much?

11. Meat, especially red meat, is pretty unhealthy. Sure it has protein, but its really not very good for you. A vegan diet is the healthiest diet there is.

I'm a vegetarian. Have been for about two years. I don't eat meat because i stopped enjoying the rotting flesh of an animal carcass. Animals are also treated horribly in the meat industry.

I agree that Vegans who are extremely overbearing about their lifestyle (ie PETA) are annoying as fuck. But don't hate on the people who simply choose to refrain from eating meat and dairy. It's not for everyone.

12. Vegetarian Diet Deficiencies Are a Proven Fact.

Read it. Even though it's hosted on that website for some reason, but still.

[​IMG]

When I eat meat, it doesn't look like that. :confused:

You're probably doing it wrong.

13. Prejudiced? not so much. My statement is based on years of Vegans being preachy and judgmental towards people who don't live their chosen lifestyle. I've seen it with my own eyes. That said, If you are Vegan and you don't act that way congratulations you are a rare breed in my experience. Prejudiced implies I wouldn't give you a chance to prove me wrong and while I may have a preconceived notion of vegans going in, the individual can all be an exception so I don't hold tight to that notion.

/defensive rant

Back to your regularly scheduled topic.

14. I'm a vegan, I'm not "preachy". Frankly, I could not care less what you eat.

15. THIS

I'm not Vegan, you didn't read my statement obviously, except the part that singled out you. I've Lacto-Ovo have been for 21 years.

BTW:

Bolding mine.

You sir, are prejudiced.

16. YOU ALL ARE EXERCISING FUTILITY!

The only way you can change anything in this shithole world is through yourself.

17. If you are going to use "prejudiced" as an insult, please make sure they fit into the right definition. The first definition is a matter of course everyone everywhere has preconceived opinions about things, that doesn't make it wrong. It's the rationality of that opinion that matters. If I say tomato most people think round smooth red skinned vegetable (or fruit depending on the person) but there are oblong rough purple skinned tomatoes that don't fit that preconceived opinion. Does that make them prejudiced? No, it makes them human. As I said in my experience vegans TEND to act a certain way, but there are exceptions. Now please quit ragging on me for having an opinion based on people I've met and move on with the subject of the thread.

18. I'm a VAGatarian.

... but on a serious note, no, i never could i like a big ol' steak too much

19. Anybody who follow PETA are "preachy and judgmental". Have you seen their shit? They blatantly stuff shit down other people throats and tell other vegetarians/vegans to do the same. I've had vegetarian coming up to my face and tell my meat is fucking disgusting at....*cough* outback house AND some mexican restaurant.

I don't honestly give a shit about other people's eating habits. I fully support someone who made the decisions for themselves. One thing that I DO not support is a vegan/vegetarian families or enforcement/peer pressure.