Vegatative and Flowering Stages

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cface, Mar 15, 2007.

1. I'm a bit confused as to howto have my plants start flowering.
    Let me set themood. Clones are made, mother is in vegatative room. I have a flowering room. But how to i initiate the flowering stage? Is it lighting alone (how many hours if so) or is it more? Possibly chemicals?

Does the same answer go with hydroponic growing as well or does it differ?

This is all hypothetical speaking as i haven't started growing yet, i want all the details down, plus i dont have enoguh $$$ for shit like lighting, dirt, pottery, CO2, etc.

2. its mainly the lighting put into a 12 on 12 off and then you mostly likely would like to change the nutes. you can find all the info you need on the site just do a search and read all the info you can

3. change the nutes?

4. nutrients the plant needs different ones while flowering and while its vegging. the best thing i can tell you is read the stickys on the absolute begginer and indoor growing forums page they helped me alot

5. Flowering is triggered primarily by extended darkness, at least 12 hours uninterrupted per cycle, that starts a hormonal reaction in the plant. Also contributing is the spectrum of the light when the light is on (red spectrum 2700k). The different nutrients won't trigger flowering but will provide for the plant's different needs in flowering than when it was in veg.