veganism

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by jnabb22, Oct 7, 2010.

1. I don;t understand that, because homoneanderthals and homo erectus might have eaten raw meat, that modern homo sapiens also should eat it

2. #162 jnabb22, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
  3. i can personally say that the peasants only eating vegetables thing is very true..my grandparents come from a long line of poor mountain farmers near the border of spain and france..when i told them i was vegan they gave me a history lesson about how it was more taboo to eat meat regularly then it was to eat vegetarian even when they were younger

4. And don't tell me the primal dip shit ate meat. That doesn't prove it's healthy.

Primal dip shit? Your ancestors are dip shits? Yes it does, since thats what our bodies are adjusted to eating for millions of years.

I don;t understand that, because homoneanderthals and homo erectus might have eaten raw meat, that modern homo sapiens also should eat it

Because we came from earlier man, and we have their genes. Duh.

5. omg really? We came from earlier man? Omg! I didnt know that!

6. haha actually its not proven were descendants of neanderthals.. and they couldve been dip shits.. half of us are today :rolleyes: but are bodies ARE designed as herbivores, also how do you know our ancestores ate only or even mostly meat? and also none of this changes the fact that so many diseases are directly caused from meat. so we obviously havnt adapted to meat eating. more like away from it..

7. I can tell by what you post.

but are bodies ARE designed as herbivores

lol wut.

also how do you know our ancestores ate only or even mostly meat?

What else could they have possibly eaten? Grains, fruits, veggies, nuts, legumes, mushrooms weren't farmed. Fruits were scarce and poisonous, or bitter with low sugar content.

Early man ate other animals(feast), and ate plant ruffage for sustenance during any time they didnt have any meat(fast/famine). Feast and fast/famine, which is why carbohydrates raise your insulin, to keep you from losing weight during a fast/famine.

Do you have any idea what youre talking about? What diseases do you postulate to be caused by eating meat? Obesity? Diabetes? Heart Diease? All of these are insulin and carb related. :)

There are no meat eating diseases, except for food poisoning cases which happens with peanut butter, spinach, broccoli, and every other edible food.

8. lol wut.

were herbivores..
    How humans are not physically created to eat meat

What else could they have possibly eaten? Grains, fruits, veggies, nuts, legumes, mushrooms weren't farmed. Fruits were scarce and poisonous, or bitter with low sugar content.
    yet homo sapiens ate many fruits and vegetables. were theyre off-spring. neanderthals possible ate a lot of meat. they died out. wonder why..

Early man ate other animals(feast), and ate plant ruffage for sustenance during any time they didnt have any meat(fast/famine). Feast and fast/famine, which is why carbohydrates raise your insulin, to keep you from losing weight during a fast/famine.
    so youre saying that the meat would put us in a diabetic coma, so therefore we wouldnt need meat? and when you fast you eat nothing. not even plants. also a famine would mean a lack of meat and plants. without plants there is no animals.

Do you have any idea what youre talking about? What diseases do you postulate to be caused by eating meat? Obesity? Diabetes? Heart Diease? All of these are insulin and carb related. :)
    your point? so just cause you get heart disease from your insulin which came from meat makes that okay?

There are no meat eating diseases, except for food poisoning cases which happens with peanut butter, spinach, broccoli, and every other edible food.
    theres no meat eating disease!?!?! since when??? and meat never gets food poisoned? i need to let all those people getting sick from undercooked meat know that.. meat has Plenty of causes of disease. which you said yourself "What diseases do you postulate to be caused by eating meat? Obesity? Diabetes? Heart Diease? All of these are insulin and carb related."
    Home for Animals - Health risks caused by meat consumption
    The Meat-Disease Connection : Disease Proof
    Diseases of A Meat-Based Diet at MEATtheFACTS.org

9. Jnabb, just stop trying to argue with him. its not even fun anymore

10. will do.. i was thinking the same thing..

11. #171 Paleo Edibles, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
    were herbivores..

http://www.celestialhealing.net/ ?

Nuff said.

so youre saying that the meat would put us in a diabetic coma, so therefore we wouldnt need meat?

I am speechless. You do not know what you are talking about. Wait, what are you talking about? Dibabetic coma? :smoke:

and when you fast you eat nothing. not even plants. also a famine would mean a lack of meat and plants.

During a fast/famine the only thing to eat would be plants. Which is not "real" food, as plants do not have enough calories.

without plants there is no animals

Who said there would be no plants? A fast/famine is when there is no real caloric source, like when there are no animals around or you need to go hunting. Herbivorous animals eat plants, predatorial animals eat defenseless animals (who eat plants).

so just cause you get heart disease from your insulin which came from meat makes that okay?

Insulin is produced by your body when you consume carbohydrates. This is basic health class. Again, read what I post correctly. Or go back to high school.

and meat never gets food poisoned?

Of course meat can be contaminated, so can peanut butter, soda, crackers, all the vegetables, and nearly every food on earth that someone has to produce. All foods can get you food poisoned.

meat has Plenty of causes of disease. which you said yourself "What diseases do you postulate to be caused by eating meat? Obesity? Diabetes? Heart Diease? All of these are insulin and carb related."

Thanks for agreeing with me that meat doesn't cause those diseases, carbs do.

Do you even know what insulin is? Because from your post, and by thinking that animal fat and protien spike inslulin, I'd say you don't even know what it is.

12. During a fast/famine the only thing to eat would be plants. Which is not "real" food, as plants do not have enough calories.

sorry one more time olvaltine haha and i get ALL my calories from plants. you can get your calories from plants. saying you cant is absurd.

Who said there would be no plants? A fast/famine is when there is no real caloric source, like when there are no animals around or you need to go hunting. Herbivorous animals eat plants, predatorial animals eat defenseless animals (who eat plants).
    a famine is when theres a shortage of food.. and no duh that herbivore animals eat plants.. im not 4.

Insulin is produced by your body when you consume carbohydrates. This is basic health class. Again, read what I post correctly. Or go back to high school.
    exactly and if you eat meat (high in carbs) you raise your insulin and you get the bad effects from it..

Of course meat can be contaminated, so can peanut butter, soda, crackers, all the vegetables, and nearly every food on earth that someone has to produce. All foods can get you food poisoned.
    i was being sarcastic..

Thanks for agreeing with me that meat doesn't cause those diseases, carbs do.
    no meat does. meat is high in carbs. if you eat plenty of meat you will get sick. are you even looking at the sources i post?

you obviously cant prove meats even good for you. ive shown proof its bad.

13. you can get your calories from plants

You can, now. But before, in the wild, you couldn't. There are no supermarket fruits in the wild.

exactly and if you eat meat (high in carbs) you raise your insulin and you get the bad effects from it..

Meat doesn't have carbs, it has fat and protien. Zero carbs.

no meat does. meat is high in carbs. if you eat plenty of meat you will get sick. are you even looking at the sources i post?

Well, I guess I shouldn't have been so adament to enlighten you, since you don't even know that meat doesnt have carbs.

Yeah, you're posting biased sources that I wouldn't bother reading. I skimmed one, though.

you obviously cant prove meats even good for you. ive shown proof its bad.

Where is the proof? That meat has carbs, right?

14. omg you found an opening.. right doesnt have carbs haha im wrong. but it still causes major harm to your body theres no denying that. and plants didnt have calories? wtf where did that come from? :hello: congrats im not the dumbest person on earth.

15. Found an opening? It's a pretty big deal that you don't know the difference between carbs and protein. Or fat for that matter. It's actually game changing, cause now I know not to go completely over your head.

No, plant material from any part of the world wouldnt have enough calories to subsist humans. There would be no measurable quantities of nuts, safe edible fruits, grains or anything of the sort.

16. i didnt confuse it with protein. and im raw vegan.. all i eat is plants, fruit, veggies, nuts and seeds. i reach my limit of 1200 calories a day minimum and well yea. where did you pull that fact from?

17. Because you think meat has carbs.

18. i was talking about how you said plant material doesn't have enough calories.. it does.

19. Good morning by the way

And no, we were having a discussion about meat, and you said the carbs in meat cause diabetic comas.

Plant material in a wild setting doesn't have enough calories. Where are you going to get enough plants, fruit, veggies, nuts and seeds in the wild? Before agriculture? You're not.