veganism

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by jnabb22, Oct 7, 2010.

1. #41 ATLiens, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
    Lmfao im not gonna get into a big argument right now, I just want to touch 3 things for you to do in the future.

1-Please don't list Youtube as a credible source for your information..lmao
    2-"Unheard Scientists" is about as vague and general as it gets. If your going to BS something, go big..."An alarmingly high number of scientists have had their opinion drowned out by major corporations and the big bad government."
    3-They're? Who's they? A big group of guys sitting around a room saying, "MEH SEE, NOW WHAT CAN WE MAKE UP TODAY TO GET PEOPLE TO THROW AWAY PLASTIC" :devious:

Oh and saying something is wrong because you saw a youtube vid dosnt disprove anything. Theres evidence that the temperature is rising, and on the other hand there are a bunch of republicans trying to fudge evidence, find loopholes and try to discredit anything that will lead the country from trying to depend on energy sources that aren't oil. :wave:

2. Your two cents dosnt make sense. You don't think that man has caused it, but you think humans directly caused it?

3. i don't think man has caused "climate change". deforestation etc. are different problems altogether. sorry if that post was a bit confusing lol:smoke:

4. haha aight htat clears it up

5. We are cutting down a shit load of trees around the world... We just need to start growing more hemp.

6. This isn't a thread about global warming its a thread about veganism

i only stated that if everyone stopped eating meat, that it would offset global warming which is proven. all those cows release methane which is worse for the ozone then co2 is

please this thread has gone off topic enough, if you don't have anything to contribute to the discussion at hand, please don't post.

start a new thread if you want to discuss global warming, this isn't it.

7. #47 johntm, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
    Humans...are omnivores. We can eat either. How is eating meat not normal or recommended? It's part of a balanced diet and since most everyone eats meat, I'd say that constitutes "normal"

Also, when I said in an earlier post that I've never eaten anything I've killed myself I was wrong, I used to go fishing all the time with my granddad. And we'd skin and cook the fish. Then eat them.

8. Bro, cows fart which releases methane, which is bad for the atmosphere. By eating them we are stopping them from releasing more methane, while you vegans let them live and eat the plants that TAKE UP CO2 AND RELEASE OXYGEN!!!

There's not much scientific basis behind that, but dead animals taste better than leaves.

9. wow..

if no one ate cow, we wouldn't need cow farms. have you ever seen a cow in the wild? i haven't... they pump cows out for meat and milk. on the world scale there are something like 17 cows per one person on the planet. don't tell me by eating them you're doing anything other then supporting the production of more cows.

10. Because its bad for the body. It causes cancer, heart disease, and many things. And just cause everyone in america eats meat, doesn't mean it's right.. Everyone had slaves in america, and it was right to make women our tools, etc.. Besides america is the most obese country in the WORLD. we eat more meat then anyone in the WORLD. japan, and Russia eat little to no meat. Their diets consist mostly of raw foods and fruits and veggies. Also things that are cooked offer very little nutrition since the heat kills all the enzymes, and those are very good for you. What do doctors say to people who've had cancer or things of that nature. "eat less fat, and cholesterol" what's high in those? Flesh. Read some books :eek: or something idk. I'm about to get high!:smoke:

11. excess amounts of red meat sits in your colon and just festers there. it does lead to all types of ailments of the body and we would all be better off without it.

12. + rep :devious:

13. So we should all stop eating meat, then we could let cows go extinct and the global warming will stop?
    And you haven't seen cows in the wild? I see cows frolicking in meadows all the time (okay, this one's not true)

14. Not extint but not so vast... And global warming is a myth.. Damn you al gore and damn you man-bear-pig! But thanks for the rep! I can't do it to anyone yet..:(

15. People always seem to make the argument that it is somehow 'natural' for a person to eat meat but they fail to realize that meat as a common food source is a relativity new development.

16. #56 tlilancalqui, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
    Another big reason why I believe in veganism is that you learn to contain your desires. And the less desires you have the happier you are.

Edit: But I should say that this vegetarian pizza I made is far from non-addictive. But maybe that's the cheeze. I'm ok with dairy products though.

home made crust sprinkled with herbs

sauted anaheim bell and cayanne peppers with some with red onions, and herbs.

chick peas and black beans for protien

Grated up some cheddar cheese and through it in with half a large can of hunts hot chili pasta sauce for flavor

stirred it around over the heat for a while then put it on top of the dough. And added some mozza over top.

the pizza tastes as good or better than any meat pizza. and unfortunately damn addictive.

17. Animals have been eating animals for a while.

I should probably reiterate this, but I'm not against veganism, just against vegans acting like pretentious assholes (I'm not talking about you ppond, but towards vegans in general. You in no way have come across as a pretentious asshole). I have no problem with people not eating meat, I don't see why they get so butthurt when I do.

18. Animals fulfill a natural cycle when they eat each other, and they don't do so for pleasure, or because they have any other choice.

There is no natural cycle that is being upheld when you eat meat, the carcass doesn't rot in the woods, you aren't limiting the deer population so that they don't eat the ferns which provide shelter to the mice which increases the fox population and causes more raptor (birds) to come around.

When people eat meat they fence in cows which deplete the pond (from using all its fresh water and trampling it) pollute the river (from their feces) and destroy ecosystems. There is no balance.

If you lived like a native and hunted for your food, and gave back to the earth, that would be different. But in western society we take take take. I can't make you understand that, i hope you get what im trying to say.

19. I'll admit, I'm not a fan of how we cultivate the meat we eat either, and I could argue that animals do eat each other for pleasure, I'd assume they get pleasure out of continuing living and not being hungry.

20. I don't believe anyone could have said that better then you. I 100% agree with you. :rolleyes: